Problem when trying to synchronize with OneDrive

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

teeceeuser

Problem when trying to synchronize with OneDrive

Post by *teeceeuser »

I'm trying to carry out the synchronization of a directory and subdirectories on my PC with the corresponding OneDrive data. However, I hit on "access denied" warnings and even when I try to continue with Administrator rights the synchronization cannot be done.

EDIT: The above doesn't happen if I start TC with Administrator rights. Is this by design?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It depends on what you are trying to synchronize: You cannot synchronize files/directories which are only accessible with Administrator rights, like c:\windows or "c:\program files".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
teeceeuser

Post by *teeceeuser »

I'm trying to synchronize an ordinary directory and subdirectories on my had disk with OneDrive folders on c:\Users\[my_user_name]\OneDrive\.

Ideally i would like to do this using a Standard user account (no Administrator rights).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe you don't have write rights for the shared files, e.g. because they are shared by other OneDrive users? You can enable FTP logging in Configuration - Options - FTP, this also logs plugin connections. It may give you a clue why the transfer is denied.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
teeceeuser

Post by *teeceeuser »

Thank you for the advice. I'll try it. The current data on my OneDrive Standard user account was originally on an Administrator's OneDrive account on the same PC and I simply moved it over from one to the other. Therefore, what you suspect may be right.