Double click on largedirectory with ctrl-q view doesn't work

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Lolly-Bob

Double click on largedirectory with ctrl-q view doesn't work

Post by *Lolly-Bob »

Hi,

I have Ctrl-Q activated to view some files in different directories. I want to switch between the directories, wich can contain many files (> 1000) in their sub directories. But a double click doesn't work then. I have first to select the directory with a single click, wait for its view on the other side and then I can make a double click to open the directory. I think on double click it is unnecessary to load the info for the whole directory to display it on the other side, because I simply want to open the directory.

Best regards
Last edited by Lolly-Bob on 2018-07-05, 13:58 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Not confirmed
I can use double click dirs while Quick View is active
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3296)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Lolly-Bob

Post by *Lolly-Bob »

I can reproduce this behaviour with TC 9.20rc3 x64 on Windows 10 1709 and Windows 8.1, both on a ssd.
It depends on the count of sub directories and the count of files in it.

If I have a project directory with 10 GB and over 44,000 files it lasts 9 seconds to show the directory info. But on double click it is not necessary to load this info.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The first click activates the quick view of that directory. By default, it shows the directory size, which can take a while. If you don't want this, you can install a Lister plugin like htmlview which would override the directory view.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Lolly-Bob

Post by *Lolly-Bob »

I understand it. Yes, I want that a click shows the directory size, that's ok. But if it lasts longer to collect the shown info, there are 3 points indicated in the window. I can cancel the collecting by pressing Escape, then a question mark is shown. So if I do a double click, the second click could do the same cancelling and opens the double clicked directory.

It's not a big Thing. I do a normal click on the wanted directory and press enter. So the directory will be opened without delay during quick view.

...OK, you can understand my posting as a suggestion instead of a bug report. Your work is beautiful. :D

Best regards