Lister windows dimension fixed

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

damjang

Lister windows dimension fixed

Post by *damjang »

When I install the new version of TC 9.20 the behaviour when opening lister windows change. Now every lister window open positioned on the right half of the screen of first monitor and with full dimension (full right half-side of the monitor). No matter if I change the dimension, every new lister window open with this dimension/position.
Please if possible check to have the previous version behaviour.

PS: tc 5.20x32 on win10x64 with 2 monitors
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The previous behaviour left the position up to Windows. This is no longer possible because I had to set the style WS_POPUP, and Windows doesn't assign a random position then.

Just move the window where you want it and choose "Save position" from the Lister menu.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
damjang

Post by *damjang »

Ah, I see now that also in lister there is a Save position. I didn't find it before :-('

Thank you
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Moved to the English forum.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2damjang
I didn't find it before
The save position option in Lister has been there at least since Windows Commander v. 1.12e from january 1st. 1994 ;-)

http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/lister112.png
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ccuappz

Re:

Post by *ccuappz »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2018-07-17, 10:23 UTC The previous behaviour left the position up to Windows. This is no longer possible because I had to set the style WS_POPUP, and Windows doesn't assign a random position then.

Just move the window where you want it and choose "Save position" from the Lister menu.
The previous behavior served me better. I was looking for a fix 'coz I thought maybe I did something wrong to the settings. :(
When opening several txt file, the random position had the advantage of recognizing and selecting each window more easily too.
I hope you have plan to change it back and leave it to Windows again. :)
Thanks
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lister windows dimension fixed

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I added this because of the tabbed interface introduced by a beta version of Windows 10, which caused a lot of problems. However, Microsoft has removed that tabbed interface in the final release. But they still seem to have the intention to reintroduce it later...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com