[9.22a] F2 queue copy - long path - problems

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

chea

[9.22a] F2 queue copy - long path - problems

Post by *chea »

Two similar/related problems, the first one is more critical.

Steps for the first problem:
1. Copy with queue (F5, then F2) something with a long path (over 259 char).
2. You get the dialog asking what to do (Keep name, Keep all, ...).
3. Minimize the main TC window.
Result: The dialog disappears and there's no way to bring it back. If you try to resume the paused process it finishes with an "Error copying files".

Note: I think this also happened to me once when I didn't minimize the TC window, but I was instead browsing through the folders while the dialog was still waiting for me to choose an option. However, I'm not 100% sure and I can't seem to reproduce it now. (It happened when I was copying many files and I received several long path dialogs during that process.)

Steps for the second problem:
1. Copy with queue (F5, then F2) something with a long path (over 259 char).
2. You get the dialog asking what to do (Keep name, Keep all, ...).
3. Select "Abort" or close the dialog window.
Result: the copy queue window stays opened and paused. Resuming results in "Error copying files".

This one is not really important or significantly different, so I didn't want to make a new thread about it. I apologize if I should have.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [9.22a] F2 queue copy - long path - problems

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Why would you minimize the main window while you have this dialog up? It doesn't make any sense.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
chea

Post by *chea »

Maybe because you are confused by that dialog, so you minimize TC and open the browser to do an internet search.

But when I encountered this issue in a real life scenario it was probably an accident. I was copying a folder with a lot of files/data (a long process), so I kept TC minimized while I was using other programs on the PC. The long path dialog popped up a few times during this process, at unpredictable intervals. One of these times I probably clicked on TC in the taskbar to show it/hide it and the dialog disappeared.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I couldn't find an easy solution, it would probably take a few hours or even days to fix, so I will have to lease it unsolved.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com