[WDX] Exif Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Leshiy

[WDX] Exif Plugin

Post by *Leshiy »

It's a great and very useful plugin, but there are some problems with it:

-[=exif.Width] and [=exif.Height] at CRW files takes from their previews (e.g. 160x120 instead of 2312x1720)

- missing dot in exif version field (e.g. 0220 instead of 02.20)

- do not displayed ISO field at some files. For example at photos by Canon S45 (http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/digital/pix/2002_ps-s45_pix1.jpg), ixus 430, G2, G3, A40, but displayed without problems at photos made by Canon EOS 10D, Nicon 2100, and others that i can't identify by [=exif.Model] :)

XnView show ISO value correctly for all files.

btw (if author of Imagine read this post :) ), Lister Plugin "Imagine" has same problem.

And at last... i would like to see in the next versions of Exif Plugin more supported fields (Macro, White Balance, self timer, focus mode, exposure mode, firmware, etc...ideally all possible fields :) )

PS: excuse my english
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Leshiy
Have you tried my ShellDetails plugin in combination with the free PixVue Shell Extension? The exif version field is displayed as 2.20.

A hint on PixVue. The EXIF fields must be enabled in the PixVue control panel applet. They are disabled by default. A Total Commander restart is required in addition.
Last edited by Lefteous on 2005-01-21, 13:57 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2Leshiy
IrfanView also shows ExifInfo as 0220

I also would like to see some more exif info (in Imagine too ;-) )
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Leshiy

Post by *Leshiy »

2Lefteous
Have you tried my ShellDetails plugin in combination with the free PixVue Shell Extension?
I just downloaded and tried PixVue. Well... good program (it has very useful feature that i found only in XnView - Autorotate image based on Exif Rotation data).

It show many exif fields, but your plugin ShellDetails can't extract them :( (They are in list of fields in ShellDetails, but in results - blanc fields) For example - [=shelldetails.EXIF_ ISOSpeedRatings], [=shelldetails.EXIF_ WhiteBalance], [=shelldetails.EXIF_ ExposureProgram] and others.
Maybe it's because i didn't restart windows after installation of PixVue... but some others fields are displayed.
Exif version field is displayed perfectly.. thanks :)

2djk
imho it's not correct ;)
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Leshiy
I just downloaded and tried PixVue. Well... good program (it has very useful feature that i found only in XnView - Autorotate image based on Exif Rotation data).

It show many exif fields, but your plugin ShellDetails can't extract them (They are in list of fields in ShellDetails, but in results - blanc fields) For example - [=shelldetails.EXIF_ ISOSpeedRatings], [=shelldetails.EXIF_ WhiteBalance], [=shelldetails.EXIF_ ExposureProgram] and others.
Maybe it's because i didn't restart windows after installation of PixVue... but some others fields are displayed.
Exif version field is displayed perfectly.. thanks
Thank you for trying that. To find out if my plugin causes trouble try to display the same columns (in the same directory) in Explorer. If they don't work there it's not a shelldetails problem.
Otherwise I will make some tests if these fields are really unsupported. This can have many reasons.
Leshiy

Post by *Leshiy »

2Lefteous
To find out if my plugin causes trouble try to display the same columns (in the same directory) in Explorer. If they don't work there it's not a shelldetails problem.
i think that i found the reason of problem with missing fields ISO, etc
Look for next pictures:
http://leshiy.ru/tc/Clip01.jpg
http://leshiy.ru/tc/Clip02.jpg
http://leshiy.ru/tc/Clip03.jpg

ISO field in these files writen in Maker Note area... not in Exif area :( So wdx_exif, shelldetails.EXIF, imagine and others don't extract these fields.

Well... is it possible to help to owners of cameras that makes "problem" files?
Leif

Post by *Leif »

Leshiy wrote:I just downloaded and tried PixVue. Well... good program (it has very useful feature that i found only in XnView - Autorotate image based on Exif Rotation data).
IrfanView also has (with Plugin 'Lossless transformation') "Auto rotate (according to EXIF orientation, if available)"
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Leshiy wrote:2djk
imho it's not correct ;)
Yes, I also think it's not. I only wanted to show you that it's not only problem of this plugin. Maybe this info is always written just this way and to display it correctly some programs format it.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Leshiy
You may cobtact the author of the PixVue extension. The same for all other EXIF displaying programs.
Anyway thanks for your investigations.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Leshiy,
ISO field in these files writen in Maker Note area... not in Exif area Sad So wdx_exif, shelldetails.EXIF, imagine and others don't extract these fields.

You are correct. The author of exif.wdx wanted ot leave the makernote support to other programmers who could expand exif.wdx. The source is freely available.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Leshiy

Post by *Leshiy »

2Leif
IrfanView also has (with Plugin 'Lossless transformation') "Auto rotate (according to EXIF orientation, if available)"
yes... since Version 3.92 (Release date: 2004-08-20) there is this feature (without any plugins)
- New JPG option: Auto-rotate image according to EXIF info (Properties->JPG)
But when I was choosing best viewer for me irfanview had early version number and I had chosen XnView.

2djk
Maybe this info is always written just this way and to display it correctly some programs format it.
i think so too. In file it store in XXXX format and viewers convert it to XX.XX or X.XX

2Lefteous
You may cobtact the author of the PixVue extension. The same for all other EXIF displaying programs
Actually i will not use PixVue more. It's a good viewer, but i'm already have XnView and it satisfy my requirements. Maybe i'll contact to author of XnView... one day :) Now i'm trying to contact with author of wdx_exif :)
Anyway thanks for your investigations.
i would like to thanks someone who could expand wdx_exif :)

2Hacker
The author of exif.wdx wanted ot leave the makernote support to other programmers who could expand exif.wdx
well... we waiting for this man :)
titanium

Post by *titanium »

Hacker wrote:other programmers who could expand exif.wdx
I think the exif plug-in is great but it lacks some useful fields. So I decided to add them :P

The fields that I have added are: "ImageDescription","UserComment","XResolution","YResolution","ResolutionUnit","Software","Artist",
"ShutterSpeed","YCbCrPositioning","SensingMethod","ExposureMode","WhiteBalance","DigitalZoomRatio",
"FocalLengthIn35mmFilm","SceneCaptureType","GainControl","Contrast","Saturation","Sharpness","SubjectDistanceRange"

Along the way I fixed a few bugs :wink:

I plan on adding MakerNote support in the near future.

Unfotunetly I cannot find a place to host the file, so until then, if anyone is interested please send me an e-mail to: mpcrypt@yahoo.com.

Best of wishes to all
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Talk to Ergo and ask him to put it on www.totalcmd.net
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2titanium
Sounds good! I'm the author of the original exif plugin, so please send me your changes. If you include the changed sources too, and the complexity isn't too high, then I can replace mine on my addons page with yours. The plugin is mainly meant as an example on how to write content plugins, therefore I want to include the source, and keep the plugin simple.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
titanium

Post by *titanium »

Hi to all,

I finally found a host for the my revision of the plugin (details above) . You can download it from here: http://freespaces.com/exif/exif142.zip

The source code is availabe at: http://freespaces.com/exif/exif142source.zip

Enjoy