[Request] MediaTransferProtocol (MTP, PlaysForSure) fplugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gbo

Post by *gbo »

It also works here (Zen Creative M), Thanks to kovacsgejza and Ghisler for their perseverances in doing it works.

kovacsgejza wrote:Setting artist, title and others might be an overkill, since TCMD is not a media player, it's a very complicated task if you want to detect all kinds of metadata in all kinds of file formats. Let's just hope it works with the formatcode only.
I also tried with a mp3 fully tagged (artist, title and album) but unfortunately with my player it is "only" visible under "All Tracks" and it is not indexed in Artist, Title or Album category but as described above it seems a very complicated task to do it so let be happy with this release :wink:
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2gbo
Thanks for testing! Please contact me by e-mail (via the e-mail button here in the forum) for a test version where I set artist, title and album to test values. If your player recognizes that, I can take the code from the ID3 plugin to set the real tags.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
djago

Problem with Zen xtra

Post by *djago »

Hi

Just a compatibility report here...

I'm trying the plugin with my ol' Creative Zen Xtra wich was updated from propietary protocol to MTP by a firmware upgrade (from Creative).
The plugin works amazingly fast as compared to Windows Explorer, Creative MediaSource or whatever I try to read my MTP jukebox. I've tried copying from the player to the PC and it works OK, but I have a problem when doing the opposite. The file IS copied, but the player hangs. I have to reset it and the the player reconstruct the database (painfully slow).
For the records, the file is copied without tags (only filename).

Thanks for your excellent job (both TC & the plugin ;) )
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm still looking for someone who would like to test with his player whether setting the artist+title manually would work. Anyone interested?
djago

count me

Post by *djago »

I'm in. What should I do?
gbo

Post by *gbo »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I'm still looking for someone who would like to test with his player whether setting the artist+title manually would work. Anyone interested?
Hello,

I sent you this email on 03.12.2007 21:10 (via the e-mail button here in the forum) but I guess you haven't received it.

-----------
Hello ghisler(Author),

The following is an email sent to you by gbo via your account on Total Commander. If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

forumadmin@ghisler.com

Include this full email (particularly the headers). Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of gbo.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

Yes please send me the new release when it will be ready and I will test it with pleasure.

Have a nice evening

Gil Bourgeois
------------------------

So please send me the new version at your earliest convenience

Bye

Gil
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sorry but I didn't get your e-mail! I found your address when looking for your name, so I will contact you soon about a test version.
Jerez

Copying zpl playislts...

Post by *Jerez »

Hello,

I am a Zen Creative:M user and apparently there is no way to copy the ZEN playlists to the PC (e.g. create a backup). These playlists have the extension zpl (apparently Zune players have the same extension). I used the plugin 0.5 beta to access my Zen:M. At first, after clicking the "MediaAudio" icon in TC, under \\My network places, an error shows up ("589" on title bar, "Interface not released!" in the actual error box). However, if I keep going I can see subdirectories and copy music files.
When I access the "My Playlists" SD in from TC, I can see the files playlists (the zpl files) though reported sizes are 0, and copying from the Zen to the PC and back again results in files that are not visible in the Zen, either in the unit itself, or in the PC program "ZEN Vision:M Series Media Explorer". IN the PC, those files appear empty. Is there any chance that by adding “zpl” to the format code list would make the trick, i.e. being able to copy the zpl files back and forth?

Cordially,

Jerez
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I doubt that. If the files appear as 0 bytes, it means that they cannot be treated like normal files. There seem to be special functions for handling playlists, which would have to be used in this case.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

A new beta of the Windows Media Device plugin is available now at the usual URLs:

Windows Media Device plugin 0.69 beta
The sources

Thanks to the very active help of one user, I have now added support for full tags like Artist, Song Title, length etc. using the Windows Media Audio SDK. This gets the data from ID3 tags from mp3 and WMA files. If no tags are found, the plugin takes them from the name in the form Artist - Title.mp3. The Album is set to the current date in the form YYYYMMDD if no Album name is available.

Please test!
jj42

Post by *jj42 »

Hello again!
I just came back to check on this plugin - and, wow, I'm amazed! I've tested the 0.69 with my Samsung yp-u3 and it works great! After disconnecting the device, it shows "DB updating" on the screen, and then the Artists/Titles/Albums show up in the menu as they should. Can you try and do the same with OGG? (though I doubt it's possible to "overrule" the firmware on my device)
Thanks a lot for continuing the good work!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

2jj42
What happens when you upload an .ogg file named like this:
Artist_name - Song_Title.ogg ?

Does it show up in the player as:
Album: 20080128
Artist: Artist_name
Title: Song_Title ?

If yes, then there is hope - in this case, I will need to write a function which extracts the ID tags from .ogg files. The Microsoft Media SDK which I'm currently using only supports WMA and MP3 files, no .ogg.
jj42

Post by *jj42 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:2jj42
What happens when you upload an .ogg file named like this:
Artist_name - Song_Title.ogg ?

Does it show up in the player as:
Album: 20080128
Artist: Artist_name
Title: Song_Title ?
Partly: it gets the title from the second part of the filename. The song shows in all the menus with it. But the Artist/Album is still "unknown".

When I play the song, the player shows the info from the Artist/Title-tags, if they exist. If not, it shows the full filename.

If yes, then there is hope - in this case, I will need to write a function which extracts the ID tags from .ogg files. The Microsoft Media SDK which I'm currently using only supports WMA and MP3 files, no .ogg.
Ah, OK... stupid MS ;)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see - apparently no tag information is sent by my plugin then. I would have to write special code for .ogg then to extract the tags. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the .ogg format, does anyone have some information of it?