Lister is opened out of screen

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Oleg_

Lister is opened out of screen

Post by *Oleg_ »

Hello,

Total Commander version 9.51 64-bit here. When I connect through RDP to my work, the Lister window by F3 is constantly opened beyond the right side of the screen and is not visible. I can move it "blindly" to the screen, but if I open another file, it's out of the window again.

My laptop has 4K display, maybe this is the reason for this behaviour... What is strange is that I don't get this behaviour on my normal laptor desktop, but when I open my work desktop via RDP, the Lister misbehaves.
elgonzo
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Lister is opened out of screen

Post by *elgonzo »

It sounds like the x,y coordinates for the lister stored in wincmd.ini are outside the visible desktop region of your RDP session.

Try solving this by moving the lister window inside the visible desktop region, then in lister's "Options" menu select "Save position". This should update the stored x,y coordinates for the lister in wincmd.ini. (Lister does not automatically remember the last position it was moved to.)

If this does not help, try manually editing the wincmd.ini and set the "x" and "y" parameters inside the "[Lister]" section to -1 (minus one) and see whether this will have an effect.
Begrudgingly back to Windows... now 11... sigh... but i have no nerve for Linux desktop anymore...
Oleg_

Re: Lister is opened out of screen

Post by *Oleg_ »

Thanks, it worked! What a relief. :)

I manually moved the Lister window to where I wanted it to be and selected "Save position" - and the next time it opened in the right place.

Thanks a lot!