Just released a new wlx thumbnail plugin for TC.
mthumbs is a WLX thumbnail plugin to preview most of various existing Videos, Audios, Images, Comics and Albums formats.
Here is the partial readme.txt content:
- Various extensions are supported: (changing and non exhaustive list)
3GP, ASF, AVI, FLV, GIF, JPS, M2TS, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, OGM, PNS, RM, VOB, WEBM, WMV (Videos)
AAC, AIF, AIFF, APE, AU, AVR, CAF, FLAC, IT, M4A, MOD, MP3, MPC, OGG, OPUS, PAF, PVF, RAM, RF64, SF, VOC, W64, WAV, WMA (Audios)
ACR, ANI, B3D, BMP, CAM, CLP, CPT, CR2, CRW, CUR, DCM, DCX, DDS, DIB, DJVU, DXF, ECW, EMF, EPS, EXR, FIT, FPX, G3, GIF, HDP, ICL, ICO, IFF, IM1, IM24, IM32, IM8, IMA, IMG, IW44, J2K, JLS, JNG, JP2, JPC, JPE, JPEG, JPF, JPG, JPM, JXR, KDC, LBM, MNG, MOS, PBM, PCC, PCD, PCX, PGM, PNG, PNM, PPM, PS, PSD, PSP, RAS, RAW, RGB, RLE, RS, SFF, SFW, SGI, SID, SUN, TGA, TIF, TIFF, WBMP, WDP, WEBP, WMF, XBM, XCF, XPM (Images)
CBR, CBZ (Comics/Archives with shortest image path as output priority)
WAZ, RAR, ZIP (Albums/Archives with '*cover*', '*folder*' and '*preview*' output priority)
- 3D and VR support with overlay (will show an unique picture instead of left/right or top/bottom)
- Optional sharpening and jpeg picture quality to get better visualization from thumbnails.
- An ini file that will be found in the plugin's folder can allow extensions and settings changes, on the fly (ini file changes is checked by filedate everytime a thumbnail is requested from the main app)
- Since it rely to external tools like Ffmpeg or Irfanview, it does not require any installed codecs on the system to work, while allowing quick updates for supporting new formats.
- Optional ADS support: It can save cached thumbnails using the NTFS ADS system, which gives volatile support, allowing various thumbnail sizes at once (%file%:preview.jpg and %file%:cache.ini. Or for e.g. %file%:p224x176.jpg in case of multiple sizes enabled from settings).
- ADS is also allowing automatic refresh from a thumbnail only when necessary, e.g. if the related format setting from the ini file or the plugin was changed since the last time.
- Using the cm_ReloadSelThumbs on a thumbnail, allows rotating pictures on the fly, in case of an undesired picture is returned from a video (black or intro screen, ect...) If ADS is enabled, the lastest position will be remembered into the %file%:cache.ini file (when not matching the PercentPosition value)
- ADS save will be automatically canceled in case a file is from a read-only path. But if a file has simply a read-only attribute, ADS will work properly by restoring the RO attribute after saving the cached thumbnail.
- Can be also used through Symbolic links without problem.
- Some extra info like the video time in overlay is optional.
Read the readme.txt for more details.
You can download it from those URL:
More pictures: https://www.patreon.com/posts/47148474
Code: Select all
As usual since 20 years of various releases on the internet, my work was and will remain free for all. This said, I decided to make advanced supporter versions as rewards for people supporting my work. In this case, some functions and major updates will be reserved as rewards to my supporters.
I added some limitations to the ini file entries compared the supporter version (see the ini file after running once the plugin)
There is no limitation in time.
This said, I dont like the idea of a limited version as public version, but had no real choice since this is the first version release. Thus, soon or later, I guess I will probably post the current supporter version as full freeware, after few supporter versions updates.
You can set IrfanView as a viewer for Multimedia files (Preferences > Edit/View > Configure internal viewer > Multimedia tab) to have Lister (and Quickview and thumbnails view) display newer version of PSD files.
Configured as first Lister plugin.
Thumnail generation from Lister for: *.*
mthumbs.ini is filled...
Videos extension list (chars)=3GP, ASF, AVI, FLV, GIF, JPS, M2TS, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, OGM, PNS, RM, VOB, WEBM, WMV
Audios extension list (chars)=AAC, AIF, AIFF, APE, AU, AVR, CAF, FLAC, IT, M4A, MOD, MP3, MPC, OGG, OPUS, PAF, PVF, RAM, RF64, SF, VOC, W64, WAV, WMA
Images extension list (chars)=ACR, ANI, B3D, BMP, CAM, CLP, CPT, CR2, CRW, CUR, DCM, DCX, DDS, DIB, DJVU, DXF, ECW, EMF, EPS, EXR, FIT, FPX, G3, GIF, HDP, ICL, ICO, IFF, IM1, IM24, IM32, IM8, IMA,
What's the rocket science behind this plugin to get it working?
Did you tried first the free version? Does it work for you?
Are you running total commander as administrator?
Note that PSD extension is not available on the current free version. See the ini file: "Images extension list (chars) [free version]=CLP, JPG, JPEG, TGA, TIFF, WEBP, XCF"
Thus, if you dont need ADS caching functionality and just need to get thumbnails from irfanview, you can just add irfanview as multimedia bridge to TC. The plugin is not needed in that case.
I tried the free version as well. Not working. I tried it running TC as Administrator, too. It's not working. No error messages.
The tools are exactly in the position of the paths which I find in the .ini file. With procmon I see, that totalcmd64.exe reads the
c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\mthumbs\mthumbs.ini file and even opens
c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\mthumbs\bin\IrfanView_64\i_view64.exe. No errors.
When I run c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\mthumbs\bin\IrfanView_64\i_view64.exe manually, it starts.
Same for c:\Program Files\totalcmd\Plugins\mthumbs\bin\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe.
When I switch to thumbnail view in TC, I only see the files icons, no thumbnails. Not a single one. I am not using a thumbnail DB.
So your plugin is unusable for me and I had to switch back to PhotoViewer plugin which works fine.
OS is Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.804 64 Bit English
See if it gives you some error popup this time.
Maybe you can also try with a temporary fresh installed TC somewhere else, to check if the problem comes from some TC setting.