Open Bash In Current Directory

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pplupo

Open Bash In Current Directory

Post by *pplupo »

I've just released this integration script that opens Linux bash in the current target directory when clicking a button:
http://totalcmd.net/plugring/BashInCurrentDir.html

As the publications in totalcmd.net allow us to provide a forum discussion topic, I'm creating this here as a communication channel.
Stiltzkin

Re: Open Bash In Current Directory

Post by *Stiltzkin »

couldn't you just use

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
c:\Cygwin\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico
c:\Cygwin\bin\env.exe CHERE_INVOKING=1 c:\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe -l
c:\Cygwin\Cygwin-Terminal.ico
Cygwin Terminal - cwd
?
pplupo

Post by *pplupo »

The script I wrote checks if Windows Subsystem for Linux is installed first and executes that instead of Cygwin if present. And it works with a portable version of Cygwin. I may be mistaken but what you are proposing requires Cygwin to be installed (which isn't such a big deal, but I rather just have it together with TCM).
andry81

Post by *andry81 »

pplupo wrote: 2021-05-19, 18:33 UTC The script I wrote checks if Windows Subsystem for Linux is installed first and executes that instead of Cygwin if present. And it works with a portable version of Cygwin. I may be mistaken but what you are proposing requires Cygwin to be installed (which isn't such a big deal, but I rather just have it together with TCM).
You can use `Tacklebar` addon: https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73390

It can run cygwin/msys/cmd.exe/conemu separately from each other with builtin logging.