TC4A: Bug: picture thumbs could be shown instead of custom icon of home folder bookmarks after TC's actions with images

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

TC4A: Bug: picture thumbs could be shown instead of custom icon of home folder bookmarks after TC's actions with images

Post by *DrShark »

I can reproduce this on Android 5.1 and 11 devices.

More or less reliable way to reproduce (though doesn't work 100% times).
0. I use 2 side by side panels view in TC4A, so not 100% sure if this method works in 1 panel view configuration.
Also not sure that this is required 100% to be set either, but make sure TC is configured to show thumbnails (Settings->Thumnails->Show thumbnails).
1. On a phone in TC4A enter a dir with hundreds of picture files (like somewhere in /DCIM/).
2. Create that dir some subdir and enter there in opposite panel of TC.
3. In panel with pictures, select all of them (e.g. with "Sel" button and mask *.jpg) and copy to opposite panel where new empty dir is opened.
4. Switch to panel with empty dir, scroll down a bit (so you can see the blank white icons of thumbnail placeholders are being replaced with actual thumbnails).
5. Select all pictures in that panel now and delete all (e.g. using a button with "x" on lowest panel of TC's button bar).
6. Swich to panel with original not deleted pictures. Scroll there a bit in and direction, then scroll to the top and press the Home icon above the updir to switch to the Home folder location.
When switch will happen, in opened Home folder there are good chances you'll see either some thumbnails or the blank white icons for user defined locations instead of their custom icons you set before. The button with command 118 (Reload) or changeng the paths in panels doesn't fix wrong icons, only restart of TC seems to help.
Only the icons of user defined locations are affected by this bug, TC will show correct icons for all other items in own Home folder.
Donate for Ukraine to help stop Russian invasion!
Ukraine's National Bank special bank account:
UA843000010000000047330992708
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC4A: Bug: picture thumbs could be shown instead of custom icon of home folder bookmarks after TC's actions with ima

Post by *DrShark »

Actually it seems that it's the custom icons of bookmarks shown in Home folder that are replaced with thumbnails, so I'm not sure yet whether icons of user defined locations are affected by the issue too. I edited the title of the topic to reflect this.
DrShark
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC4A: Bug: picture thumbs could be shown instead of custom icon of home folder bookmarks after TC's actions with ima

Post by *DrShark »

This should be fixed in Total Commander for Android 3.24 beta 1:
history2beta.txt wrote:2021-09-07 Fixed: Icons in the home folder could get wrong after leaving a folder with a lot of images/photos -> use separate cache for bookmark icons
At least on my devices I cannot reproduce the problem anymore.