TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *Usher »

AkulaBig wrote: 2021-09-22, 15:30 UTC And what is it necessary for? It's not clear to me. I have listed in the description all the formats that the plugin supports. Isn't that enough?
It doesn't explain why anyone would need that plugin. It isn't user friendly at all:
* There is no explanation why using the plugin is better than direct Lister/IrfanView using. You should name special features - at least specify that the plugin supports animated graphic and IrfanView keyboard shortcuts.
* Simple list of extensions also explains nothing. If you list animated graphic formats separately, any user can easy check that your plugin is really better.

And one more problem: Have you tested your plugin in Windows XP or another 32-bit Windows?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Usher wrote: 2021-09-25, 21:45 UTC plugin supports animated graphic and IrfanView keyboard shortcuts.
I added it to the description, although it is all described in detail in the ridmi.
Usher wrote: 2021-09-25, 21:45 UTC And one more problem: Have you tested your plugin in Windows XP or another 32-bit Windows?
No. Due to the lack of computers with such a system.
dindog

Post by *dindog »

If I try to close the lister window by ALT+F4, I will have to do it twice before the window is closed completely. The first ALT+F4 will leave a blank irfanview ( it closed the image, but not the window)
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

I already know about this flaw and in the new version 1.5b it is fixed. But until some more bugs are fixed, the new version will not be posted for public access.
LeoLUG

Post by *LeoLUG »

Hi, I installed the plugin, but by trying to use it I got this MSG: Can't load language DLL !
What's wrong?
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

I already know about this error. In version 1.5, which is now posted for testing on our forum, it will be eliminated. The fact is that I use the Russian language, the dll for which you naturally do not have.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Updated the plugin to version 1.5.
Fixed the following errors:
1. In the quick view, the focus no longer flies off. In version 1.4, when moving through files with arrows quickly, on some computers the focus on heavy files flew off and access to the IrfanView functionality was opened.
2. The plugin does not intercept someone else's version of IrfanView. In version 1.4, if IrfanView was started before the plugin was launched, the plugin used it.
3. When viewing by F3 by Alt+F4, the Lister window closes. In version 1.4, the IrfanView window was closed, and then it was necessary to close the Lister window. This is not a bug, but not the logical behavior of the plugin.
Minor changes: the link to download the Russian language module has been removed from the IrfanView ini files.
I really hope that all errors have been fixed in this version and further updates will be required only when the IrfanView functionality changes.
strawbeard

Post by *strawbeard »

Just downloaded file "wlx_TCIrfanView_1.5.7z" and double-clicked on it to update the plugin from version 1.4. Once again ...

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Invalid application path!
---------------------------
How come :?: My hand-crafted 8) "irfanview.ini" file with the correct path to Irfanview had been overwritten by the example file. This should not happen when updating to a newer version. :!: All the other plugins preserve existing configuration files. :roll: After correction the plugin works again. :)

Also, your example "irfanview.ini" file looks almost empty ...

[Options]
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

strawbeard wrote: 2021-10-10, 23:08 UTC file with the correct path to Irfanview had been overwritten by the example file.
A known problem. In Total Commander, you cannot protect a file from being overwritten during an automatic installation. You need to contact the author of TC with a proposal to introduce such an opportunity.
strawbeard wrote: 2021-10-10, 23:08 UTC All the other plugins preserve existing configuration files
Give examples of such plugins and I will fix the automatic installation file.
strawbeard wrote: 2021-10-10, 23:08 UTC Also, your example "irfanview.ini" file looks almost empty ...

[Options]
This is a file from my plugin configuration. I have IrfanView located in the folders ../TCIrfanView/IrfanView and ../TCIrfanView/irfanView64. In this case, the plugin automatically picks up IrfanView (see the readme file)

Unfortunately for those who have IrfanView is not in the plugin folder, at the moment I can only advise manual updating of the plugin.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

All the other plugins preserve existing configuration files

Many plugins don't have a configuration file in the plugin installer archive, the configuration file is generated the first time the plugin is used.

Instead they might have an example ini file with a name that is different from the actual ini file:
Actual ini file: myplugin.ini
Example file: myplugin.example.ini
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

petermad wrote: 2021-10-11, 08:31 UTC Example file: myplugin.example.ini
This is an acceptable option. But what about users who have IrfanView stored in a subfolder of the plugin? They ask to remove the ini file altogether to configure the path. You can't please everyone.
strawbeard

Post by *strawbeard »

AkulaBig wrote: 2021-10-11, 04:33 UTC ...
strawbeard wrote: 2021-10-10, 23:08 UTC All the other plugins preserve existing configuration files
Well, I made a rather sweeping statement there - let me re-phrase it:
I have 19 plugins with an ini file. I never had to re-do manual customization when updating any one of them. So I assumed that customizations are preserved, but it could have been sheer luck. :?

I'll do the next update manually. :)
VimWei

Post by *VimWei »

I've installed version 1.5, thanks!

Could you please add toolbar to Quick View Panel such as Lister Windows (CTRL+Q)? So that I can zoom picture in Quick View Panel.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

strawbeard wrote: 2021-10-11, 13:53 UTC but it could have been sheer luck.[/i] :?
I also have plugins where you need to specify the path to the program file. For example, sLister, etc. Everywhere you have to update them manually.
strawbeard wrote: 2021-10-11, 13:53 UTC I'll do the next update manually. :)
Or keep IrfanView on the default path../TC IrfanView/IrfanView and ../tcirfanview/irfan View 64. Then you can update manually.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

VimWei wrote: 2021-10-11, 14:36 UTC Could you please add toolbar to Quick View Panel such as Lister Windows (CTRL+Q)? So that I can zoom picture in Quick View Panel.
No. On the contrary, the toolbar is specifically hidden in the quick view and access to it is closed. It's more logical this way. In Imagine it is done as well.