Reconnecting last remembered UNC network path when TC starting

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

maddancer

Reconnecting last remembered UNC network path when TC starting

Post by *maddancer »

Hi,

I'm registered user of TC. I have one question, I can't find answer on FAQ nor Forums.

I mainly working with network shares via UNC paths without stored credentials due to security reason. I have stored the UNC paths in Directory hotlist. Once i pick a UNC path from the Directory hotlist, standard connection dialog open, then I enter credentials and network share then open in TC. When I then close TC, restart PC or do log off/logon windows session, and the reopen TC, TC start and try to open last direcory remembered (UNC path in this case), but no connection dialog open (did not ask for credentials), and after delay (3-5sec aprox.) TC open with local HDD path instead of UNC path, then I must manualy go to UNC path again to get connection dialog open and go furth.

This behavior lasting for every version of TC from history til latest version 10.0.

Then I tried use IgnoreDirErrors=1 workaround, it's worked now. It's show UNC path with no files listed, then dialog to enter credentials are shown.

I'm not Windows programmer, so I don't know much about internal communication protocol from your point of view, but is it possible to handle UNC path at TC startup in different way (same as when it's picked from Directory hotlist or entered manualy) without need of use of IgnoreDirErrors=1, which affecting more things ?

Thank you for your hard work to bring us the best file manager
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reconnecting last remembered UNC network path when TC starting

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

If you don't use IgnoreDirErrors=1, TC will see the access error and switch away. You can return to the UNC path via Alt+Cursor left (go back).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com