Bug?: Expand dir: NO: DirSize, Size Properties, Zipping

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hammillian7

Bug?: Expand dir: NO: DirSize, Size Properties, Zipping

Post by *Hammillian7 »

Hi:

Brief: Couldn't TCA (with rooted phone) work with UID 0 (root), so that the permissions for root for dirs and files would be used ?

I've found several hard limitations in some root subdirs, which may seem to be bugs. It seems a question of permissions, but I think that, with a rooted phone, TCA should have root access to all the files...

It happens, for example, in the /mnt/expand/<uuid> and subdirs under it:

(Some texts translated from my Spanish configuration)

For example, the subdir /mnt/expand/<uuid>/J2Tc/
(with permissions drwx------)

1: Internal command 115, Calculate used space gives 0:
Detail:

it gives 0 for every subdir, even when they have non-0 size files (correctly given by TCA when entering each subdir, along with the file permissions). Actualy, the function "search for files" finds them, even filtering by file date.

2: Internal command 106: Properties gives 0 files and 0 size:
Detail:

I search for all files, it finds and lists 37, I run Properties and: It says Selected files: 37, but, inside the result box, it says: Size: 0B, 0 files

3: Pack files (to zip) can't open files:
Detail:

I search for all files (it finds 37), I select all found files in the result list. I press "Pack Files" to a normal SD subdir on the opposite panel and it replies: Cannot open source file ! ...

For the 3 points, it could seem that TCA can't access the files. However, it can copy the whole subdir tree and its files to that SD subdir.

These limitations prevent me from doing backup through zips of some interested subdirs in the tree.

It can be somewhat circunvented by changing the permissions: The subdirs to ******rwx and the files to ******r--

But it's very uncomfortable.

Couldn't TCA (with rooted phone) work with UID 0 (root), so that the permissions for root would be used ?

Or any other more comfortable solution than current behaviour?
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug?: Expand dir: NO: DirSize, Size Properties, Zipping

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Indeed calculate occupied space does not currently support root mode, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com