How create column headings to match "Comments"?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

spikey

How create column headings to match "Comments"?

Post by *spikey »

My Usenet downloader creates a DESCRIPT.ION file which my old Acdsee (version 3) picture viewer supports.

Total Commander also supports this and shows the descriptions when I select: TC > Shows > Comments.

However TC's column headings don't match with the layout of the files listed. Instead, the 4DOS description appears under TC's column heading for "Size". The listed 4DOS descriptions for each file bleed across into "Date" and "Attr" column headings.

How do I configure TC's columns to show Name, Extension, Date, and 4DOS comment?

I have tried using the "Custom Columns" dialog in TC's Options but don't know the specific terms for the column names. Can someone kindly guide me through this - step by step if possible!

Thank you.
Stiltzkin

Re: How create column headings to match "Comments"?

Post by *Stiltzkin »

"custom columns" is the right way.

Just create a new custom column and if you click [Add column] you can select all available "values/fields" from the "[ + ]" button to the right.

in your case it would be "[=tc.comment]"

you can activate custom columns in various ways (right click the column header in the file list view) or create a button with the cmd "OPENCUSTOMVIEW myCustomViewName"
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2spikey

Set it up something like this: https://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/commentscustcol.png
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
spikey

Post by *spikey »

Petermad and Stiltzkin, thank you both. This process does seem overly complicated!

No undue criticism intended but I wonder if the dialog has been inherited or copied from elsewhere (Linux???) and not adapted to the usual way of working in Windows.