"FileDiz" plugin and TC native support for 4DOS

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

spikey

"FileDiz" plugin and TC native support for 4DOS

Post by *spikey »

I use 4DOS file descriptions. TC supports this and I believe the settings are at Configuration > Operation > Fle comments.

I also have a plugin called "FileDiz" which seems to do the same thing. http://totalcmd.net/plugring/FileDiz.html

Taken together these two feature seem to provide duplicate function. Does standard TC also provide the other features of FileDiz? I am wondering whether to remove it.
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Re: "FileDiz" plugin and TC native support for 4DOS

Post by *Gral »

FileDiz/FileDesc plugin can show descriptions based on file content, e.g. HTML Title or text, what TC itself can't, so still may be useful.
spikey

Post by *spikey »

For 4DOS DESCRIPT.ION files, would this plugin take precedence over native TC's native handling?
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2spikey
For 4DOS DESCRIPT.ION files, would this plugin take precedence over native TC's native handling?
Since those plugins has to be used with Custom columns, you decide youself whether you want to only make a column for the plugin's info or also one for TC's info.

If you want to use the plugin for Win32-style tips (when hovering the mouse over a file) then you can configure the plugin via the "User-defined" [+] button and then turn off TC's "Comments from descript.ion/files.bbs" in the Display dialog of the Configuration.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
spikey

Post by *spikey »

petermad wrote: 2021-10-07, 14:43 UTC 2spikey
Since those plugins has to be used with Custom columns, you decide youself whether you want to only make a column for the plugin's info or also one for TC's info.
Thank's Petermad. After many years using Total Commander, I now understand what the strange looking "tc." at the beginning of each available item is! :)