keyboard functions map list

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

lezerogan2

keyboard functions map list

Post by *lezerogan2 »

In some computers (desktop win10), when I run Totcmd, some keyboard functions keys are not working, because other programs (like nVidia utility) took over and own that key.

Is there any utility that can Display a list, which program is holding at the moment, those keys?
Thank you
lezerogan2

Re: keyboard functions map list

Post by *lezerogan2 »

Thank you Stefan2 for your info.

I entered to nVidia software and config it to disable all keyboard shortcuts.
It did help for several keys, but not for all. It seems that there are one or more other programs, who own other keys.

I tried the tools in your link:
1. nirsoft HotKeysList - shows which keys are taken, but does not display which program holds them.
2. rjlsoftware Shortcut Key Explorer - scan windows and claims it did not found any shortcut key
3. hkcmdr.anymania - was blocked as virus alert unsecure connection
---
I am still looking for utility who can display a map list which program is locking which key.
Thanks
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

I am still looking for utility who can display a map list which program is locking which key
It is a Windows limitation from Win 8 and forward.

Maybe this can help you: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/829007/find-out-what-process-registered-a-global-hotkey-windows-api
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
lezerogan2

Post by *lezerogan2 »

Thank you for the article link.
I read it and found one program that should display a table of what application holds which key shortcut.
It is called Windows-Hotkey-Explorer.exe. Early version from 2009 and later one from 2011.
Hopping it does not contain malwares, and that it matches windows-10, I tried running both.
The program starts display and fill the table, but since it's method is to call windows for each shortcut, it Causes all theirs application to run at once, which did chaos on screen, and since one of the calls causes windows to shutdown, there is no chance to see the results.

I guess the only way is try run manually spyxx commands for each specific shortcut as describe in this article.
lezerogan2

Post by *lezerogan2 »

I downloaded the utility spyxx.exe version 14.00.25420 from https://github.com/westoncampbell/SpyPlusPlus
I ran the 64 bit version (this page also have 32 bit version), and follow the steps described in the article.
It is done manually for each shortcut, but It worked ok. So thank you.