TC 10.00 64bit copy/move window not savning position?

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

zedpentium

TC 10.00 64bit copy/move window not savning position?

Post by *zedpentium »

Hi. TC is awsume.

I am not sure if this is a "bug", or if it is by design.
And its a minute thing, but here it is as the title say:
I use now TC 10.00 64bit.

The copy/move window is not saving position (i also tried "configure/save position").

Same on "F2" queue window, and on just copy/move window.

So the window(s) are always comming up at top left corner as very small windows.
Would be nice to have it in middle of screen when popping up and slightly bigger, or position getting saved.

As i said, very small "issue". But nice to know if you choose this as design, or if it suppose to save position and size of that windows.

Regards
Eric
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC 10.00 64bit copy/move window not savning position?

Post by *Dalai »

The position of the background transfer window is not saved by Configure > Save Position since this option only applies to the main TC window (not sure about the modal dialogs like directory sync, MRT and so on, though).

To make the background transfer window, see TC help, section 4.b) wincmd.ini settings:
RememberTransferManagerPos=0
0: File transfer manager (F5-F2) is shown at the top of the screen, left position changes for each opened
1: File transfer manager position and size are remembered (can be set via system menu)
Note that the foreground copy window position is never saved anywhere, and IIRC this also applies to background transfers not made in the background transfer manager (ones sent to background after being started).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
zedpentium

Post by *zedpentium »

Hi Dalai. Thanks for reply.
Ok, so the "Change name/move" window does not get saved. And no way to have it popup centered?
That window is the one with speed limit, plus(add) and minus(remove) from queue. Progressbars at the top and bottom left the button pause, and start.
That window.

The other thing you mentioned, The "File transfer manager". I did not need to move it. its fine where it is ;) (used to it)

Cheers
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

zedpentium wrote: 2021-10-21, 19:47 UTCThat window is the one with speed limit, plus(add) and minus(remove) from queue. Progressbars at the top and bottom left the button pause, and start.
That window.
That's the background transfer manager I mentioned and the one whose position can be saved with the option I quoted. See also menu Commands > Background Transfer Manager. It's the same window.

AFAIK the copy/move dialog window is opened centered relative to TC's main window, its parent window when talking in programming terms.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror