problem with MultiArc plugin uharc add-on

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

cyberbrain666666

problem with MultiArc plugin uharc add-on

Post by *cyberbrain666666 »

After installing Windows 11 or a little earlier after a major Windows 10 update, a problem occurred in the MultiArc MVV for TC plugin. Specifically in the uharc 0.6 addon which I have been using for years. Because it has a high compression level and antiviruses don't see it, so after false alarms about viruses in demo-scene files I can restore them from archive. When I try to pack the file
I get this error message.
Image: http://i.ibb.co/3Y67Nbg/uharc.png
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: problem with MultiArc plugin uharc add-on

Post by *MVV »

I can only suggest to re-run this command line from cmd.exe shell in order to check if uharc.exe runs normally.

So,
1. Set Debug=1 in MultiArc.ini for your uharc configuration.
2. Restart TC and retry pack operation.
3. Press Ctrl+C in error message and paste its text into a text editor, remove backslashes before double quotes (and maybe add quotes around archiver path) and copy archiver command line.
3. Open cmd.exe shell from source directory and execute copied command.

If the archiver runs normally in shell, it may be some kind of an new Windows incompatibility with MultiArc, but if it doesn't - it should be a uharc problem (maybe adding it to Defender exclusions may help).