Some suggestions to make Total Commander more powerful:

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

No-Frills

Post by *No-Frills »

Colored drive tabs!

We use often 3 to 5 HDDs at the same time. Left and right column: everything looks grey. Have you any imagination how "all is grey" works for elder people with cataract, macula degenation or achromatopsia?

Left column active C, rigth column active E, C and E with background colors instead of all grey would be moreuseful.

Search files by date and find duplicates:

Sometimes a pain in the ass!

Not older than is default. It is okay.

But why is there no. Search older than?

I want very often to search images made a long time ago therefore I have to change the calendar dates.

Where the option 1 day / week / month / year is, should be another option: x days / weeks / months / years or a time range, e.g. alle files 2000 to 2010.

Search duplicates works fine when same size ist activated, same contents have sometimes errors, same name is almost useless, I never tried search same name since some days before, and after I was astonished:

Car-Red-003.jpg and Car-Red-003.odt can't be duplicates, one is the image, the other the description and details about the image.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Some suggestions to make Total Commander more powerful:

Post by *petermad »

But why is there no. Search older than?
Look again there is - right under "Not older than" in the Advanced tab.
Car-Red-003.jpg and Car-Red-003.odt can't be duplicates, one is the image, the other the description and details about the image.
When searching for duplicates with "same name", only files with same name AND extension are marked as duplicates. Are you sure that Car-Red-003.jpg and Car-Red-003.odt was shown between the SAME pair of dashed lines --------.

Where the option 1 day / week / month / year is, should be another option: x days / weeks / months / years
You can already set whatever number you want before day / week / month / year

or a time range, e.g. alle files 2000 to 2010.
You can set that in the first row: "Date between:" just write 1-1-2000 and 31-12-2010
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar