Using the send to */* option and Google Drive doesn't upload folders or sub directories

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

stevehero

Using the send to */* option and Google Drive doesn't upload folders or sub directories

Post by *stevehero »

If I use this option and choose Google Drive as the app then only files are uploaded. No selected directories or files within are uploaded.

Is this a limitation to Google Drive? Their app also seems to not allow uploading of folders for some strange reason. Just files.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using the send to */* option and Google Drive doesn't upload folders or sub directories

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I can confirm that it does not work with Google Drive. Instead, please install my "Drive" plugin to upload entire folders to Google Drive.
You can add it via Total Commander home folder - Add extensions.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
stevehero

Re: Using the send to */* option and Google Drive doesn't upload folders or sub directories

Post by *stevehero »

I ended up doing that in the end. Is there a simple fix for the send to */* in the program itself?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, it cannot work if the target doesn't support folders.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
stevehero

Post by *stevehero »

No worries, thanks. I did just notice that the drive app itself doesn't!