Access violation TC 10.00 - use F3 on text file - CudaLister

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

funkymonk

Re: Access violation TC 10.00

Post by *funkymonk »

Hi!

I did some more testing with a clean installation of CudaLister (CL):
* Deleted the plugin dir entirely and the configuration from ini
* Reinstalled CL v1.7.4.1 @ TC10.00, 32bit.

I then reconfigured the plugin step-by-step to my needs and found two reasons for the encountered problems:
  1. In my original plugin folder I still had some old lexers from https://sourceforge.net/projects/synwrite-addons/files/Lexers/
    Once I copied them back into the plugin folder they caused CL to simply hang (no exception!) when *opening* a file for which such an old lexer was used.
    In some cases CL would open but causes an exception when using the minimap to navigate (which will then lead to TC termination).
    With the old lexers removed, everything worked well again.

--> Ok, it's of course my responsibility to keep all files updated.
    Still, outdated lexers should not lead to a crash/exception. It would be great to see an error message informing about the problem.
    For now, I simply use the lexers that come with the plugin and add additional ones "on demand".
  2. This is very special for my TC configuration: When starting TC, I do some sort of "preloading" for the most used lister plugin dlls (through the Autorun v2.1.1 content plugin):

Code: Select all

LoadLibrary %COMMANDER_PATH%\plugin\lister\cudalister\cudalister.wlx 
    Preloading happens in the background (no relevant TC startup delay) but speeds up the lister extremely when it opens for the first time with some plugins.
    That worked well with CL up to 1.7.2, but from 1.7.4.1 on it causes CL/TC to hang when *closing* the lister (no exception - just hang).

--> Ok, preloading is not really relevant for CL (compared to other plugins), so I no longer preload it.
Conclusion:
Problems fixed for now -- I will keep you updated after some more everyday use.
The second problem is - of course - special to my TC config. The first, however, might also be critical for others.

Suggestion: To help users keeping their lexers up to date or find incompatible ones, it would be great to have an "incompatible" indicator in the lexer selection which can be opened though the status bar (e.g. "Assembly MIPS (incompatible)").

Finally: CL 1.7.4.1 does not highlight .h files here. It seems there is an error in C.lcf:

Extentions = 'c ch'
should probably be fixed to

Extentions = 'c h'
Cheers!
funkymonk.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Access violation TC 10.00 - use F3 on text file - CudaLister

Post by *Horst.Epp »

No, the first one is not crtical for other users.
Installing the plugin as usual they get the correct lexers for this version automatically.
If you are messing up files, a crash is in no way the resposibility of the plugin author.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
funkymonk

Post by *funkymonk »

@Horst.Epp
Come on! The readme.txt of CL explicitly says:

lexers
======
in the "lexers" dir, many lexers are available.
you can unpack to this dir more lexers from CudaText:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/synwrite-addons/files/Lexers/
AnastasiaTX

Re: Access violation TC 10.00

Post by *AnastasiaTX »

funkymonk wrote: 2022-03-23, 07:04 UTC Suggestion: To help users keeping their lexers up to date or find incompatible ones, it would be great to have an "incompatible" indicator in the lexer selection which can be opened though the status bar (e.g. "Assembly MIPS (incompatible)").

Finally: CL 1.7.4.1 does not highlight .h files here. It seems there is an error in C.lcf:

Extentions = 'c ch'
should probably be fixed to

Extentions = 'c h'
can you open a ticket and write to the developer about the problem and wish for improvement?
https://github.com/Alexey-T/CudaLister/issues
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Moderator message

Moved to plugins forum
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com