LAN SMB plugin logon failure to mac smb

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LAN SMB plugin logon failure to mac smb

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Strange, another user reported by e-mail that it worked for him. Maybe it depends on the MacOS version.

Could you please also try the 2a and 2b beta versions linked above?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AliakseiKruk

Post by *AliakseiKruk »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-06-17, 08:09 UTC Could you please also try the 2a and 2b beta versions linked above?
The same behavior.
Looks like the problem depends on MacOS and it's configuration/libraries, Android and it's configuration/libraries.
I use MacBook 2 years and i see that it has the same amount of bugs and weird things like Windows. I do not expect stable work from it :)
SMB is not native for MacOS. I use SFTP plugin to transfer files from MacBook to Android phone. At least SSH/SCP is native for Unix/Linux/BSD and it works.

Thank you very much for your great tool. I was using it from WindowsCommander times.
Only 1 tool i missed on Linux and now on MacOS - Total Commander.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry for the late reply. According to my research, SMB is supported natively in MacOS. All you need to do is go to the MacOS System Preferences, then go to "Sharing", and then enable "File Sharing". Did you perhaps install a third party Samba server? I ask because another user just confirmed that it works with my modifications, so I don't understand why it fails for you.
Gauner

Re: LAN SMB plugin logon failure

Post by *Gauner »

Hey,

no Mac involved, but my problem looks so similar, that I thought, it's better to reuse this thread. If it isn't please tell me...
crucco wrote: 2022-03-31, 17:05 UTC 2022-03-31 14:47:08.297 LAN:SMB2 AUTH:STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE (0xc000006d): Authentication failed for 'thomas' using com.hierynomus.smbj.auth.e@e31d8ef
2022-03-31 14:47:08.905 LAN:SMB2 AUTH:STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE (0xc000006d): Authentication failed for '' using com.hierynomus.smbj.auth.e@8450cda
2022-03-31 14:47:12.103 LAN:SMB2 AUTH:STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE (0xc000006d): Authentication failed for 'thomas' using com.hierynomus.smbj.auth.e@d771ca6
2022-03-31 14:47:13.240 LAN:SMB2 AUTH:STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE (0xc000006d): Authentication failed for 'thomas' using com.hierynomus.smbj.auth.e@253513d
I have exactly these errors in LAN-Plugin-Version 3.31, trying to connect to a samba share. I think (not sure!) the server is an active directory, and it is inside a domain. I also tried as a username [domain]\[user] (as usual with windows logins) - same result.
Also I have no problem with They all connect fine. What sticks out: they all have a field for the domain in the connection setup, LAN-Plugin doesn't. Does this mean anything?
Also I stumbled upon https://github.com/hierynomus/smbj/issues/527, which points towards azure. But our Active directory is on-premise, not azure. But maybe this still is a reason?

Anything I can do or help?

Thank You very much.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

they all have a field for the domain in the connection setup, LAN-Plugin doesn't. Does this mean anything?
Yes, when there is a domain, you MUST provide it, otherwise you can't connect. Just tap on the "?" button behind the server name field to get instructions on how to enter the domain, e.g. like this:
domain:server/share