TC10.50x64: Configuration dialog flickers on exit

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

yong

TC10.50x64: Configuration dialog flickers on exit

Post by *yong »

I don't know if this is a bug or not but there has been an odd behaviour with the configuration dialog of the 64 bit version of TC 10.

Follow these steps to reproduce this behaviour:

1. Use the mouse to click on menu Configuration - Options to open the configuration dialog.

2. Press Esc key on the keyboard to close the dialog.

3. The dialog doesn't close immediately, instead it flickers and adds an underscore under the shortcut letters before closing.

There is no such issue if the configuration dialog is opened with keyboard or closed with mouse.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC10.50x64: Configuration dialog flickers on exit

Post by *AntonyD »

It's strange but I notice it only now what I do not see underscores under the shortcut letters IN ALL interface of the program!
And ONLY if i will click left ALT once - this char will appear in appropriate places of gui elements.

PS. but flickering process I do not see...
#146217 personal license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2AntonDudarenko
It's strange but I notice it only now what I do not see underscores under the shortcut letters IN ALL interface of the program!
And ONLY if i will click left ALT once
This is probably due to a Windows setting:
Open Windows "Settings".
Open "Ease of Access".
Scroll down to "Keyboard" in the menu on the left.
Scroll down and to "Change how keyboard shortcuts works" -> "Underline access keys when available" and set it to "On".
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

Scroll down and to "Change how keyboard shortcuts works" -> "Underline access keys when available" and set it to "On".
Jesus-Maria.... What twisted mind in the microsoft office decided to disable this option by default....
I had it in OFF state.
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This isn't actually a bug, it's a Windows misfeature where Windows doesn't show the underscores while you only use the mouse. Once you press any key, the underscores get shown, even when you just press ESC. I can't prevent that from happening.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Moderator message from: Hacker

Moved to the English forum.
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
yong

Post by *yong »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-04-22, 08:01 UTC This isn't actually a bug, it's a Windows misfeature where Windows doesn't show the underscores while you only use the mouse. Once you press any key, the underscores get shown, even when you just press ESC. I can't prevent that from happening.
There is no such problem with the configuration dialog of TC 32-bit. Also, not all dialogs or windows in TC 64-bit show underscores before they are closed with ESC.

I am just curious if this behaviour is implementation dependent or OS dependent.