Lister: the problem of colors in the media bar

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lister: the problem of colors in the media bar

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, but I don't know how I should do this. As you can see in my posted code, I'm already using DShowPlayerDelta everywhere, so it makes no sense why you sometimes get less than 5 pixels. Maybe the progress bar controls stretch their borders beyond the coordinates they are assigned? But if this is the case, I don't know by how many pixels I need to correct it, it may again depend on the DPI, or even on the used theme.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

"PlayPauseButton.left:=DShowPlayerDelta;"
+
"PlayTrackbar.left:=DShowPlayerDelta;"
and
"As described above, the calculation is 3*dpi/72, so for 120 this would result in DShowPlayerDelta=3"

BUT! on the left side we want to see 5 px! distance! not the "DShowPlayerDelta=3" - thus it means that some additional sum operation should be done!
And exactly this moment Fla$her did mention:
"Can you set PlayPauseButton.left:=DShowPlayerDelta+2; ?" I only want to add this code
"PlayTrackbar.left:=DShowPlayerDelta+2;"
and
"PlayTrackbar.width:=max(0,rect.right-rect.left-2*(DShowPlayerDelta+2));"
It also should be used for symmetry.
Last edited by AntonyD on 2022-05-30, 09:52 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, that was a typo, for 120dpi the value is DShowPlayerDelta=5.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

OK, good that you found that typo.
Because I also seem to have found an error in the Fla$her calculations...
In my case, when DPI is 96 for the monitor and a pure windows 10 theme is used, I also see this disproportion.
And YES! those 5 pixels on the LEFT do exist (even on Fla$her's pic)! But BOTTOM void has a size of 8 pixels! (Fla$her has here 7 px)
And this is because in the code for the buttons setting there is no moment that would set the BOTTOM coordinate of the button. It is simply calculated based on the given top-left point and the width/height of the button itself! Therefore, you simply do not really know - and WHERE the button will end. And how much empty space will remain after it to the edge of the client area of ​​the window! Therefore, the DShowPlayerDelta value cannot be calculated WITHOUT knowing the button's BOTTOM coordinate and the window's client area BOTTOM coordinate.
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think the layout of the player controls is OK now in RC2. What do you think?
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

Either my eyes are deceiving me - or ....
the size of the player control buttons - they are all different?
it seems that they are drawn strictly according to the size of the text / characters used as the title of these buttons.
BUT after all, ALL buttons just have to be the same size! Regardless of what information they should contain.
YES, there will be buttons where the title will be squeezed into the button frame, and there will be buttons
where the title will "seem to float" in the size of the button. But that's ok)))
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The slower, rate and faster buttons are 2 pixels smaller. The width of the seek buttons depend on the numbers on them. It makes no sense to make all buttons the same width.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-06-20, 08:51 UTC The slower, rate and faster buttons are 2 pixels smaller. The width of the seek buttons depend on the numbers on them. It makes no sense to make all buttons the same width.
It looks more complete, rational and convenient to use with the mouse.
Of course, if we are talking about a button in which you need to display more than 10, for example, characters,
then making ALL the other buttons of the same large size does not make sense. But there are no such buttons.

The same goes for the slider on the timeline. It is not very convenient for a widescreen monitor with a high resolution when using a mouse - you have to try sooooo hard to get into it. It should be bigger. Both in width and in height
#146217 personal license
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-06-19, 07:07 UTCWhat do you think?
I wouldn't say it's gotten much better.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2Fla$her
Of course, it is up to the author to interpret the answers of forum members, but for me this post does not carry a useful semantic load. Measuring the size of objects or the distances between them - this can be done by the author himself. The point is to show these numbers only if it is followed by or a full textual description of what is - and how we would like. Or made in any visual editor YOUR picture of all the controls of the player and indicating their size of objects and the distances between them.
#146217 personal license
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2AntonDudarenko
On the previous page, I immediately pointed out the disproportions. In both screenshots, they are indicated by double-sided arrows. Obviously, the specified distances must be the same.
You should also pay attention to these questions, to which the author did not reacted:
Fla$her wrote: 2022-05-27, 19:41 UTCNotice also the 7 and 11 px. In these places it's better to equalize the distance.
And why is the slider itself narrowed? Before that, it was wider, it was easier to get into it with the mouse.
In my opinion, everything is clearly marked here. Or do you have any problems with this too?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, I do not get the disproportions you point out there in my own screenshots.

I will have move this thread to "will not be changed".
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-06-21, 07:38 UTCSorry, I do not get the disproportions you point out there in my own screenshots.
I didn't understand. Did you have any screenshots regarding the margins? I see only my own here. And there are different sizes shown with arrows. What exactly did you misunderstand there? 4 is not equal to 5. 7 is not equal to 11. Something else?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is how it looks on Windows 11 with 96 dpi:
https://www.ghisler.ch/images/player_windows11.png
Enlarged:
https://www.ghisler.ch/images/player_windows11_enlarged.png

The black dots are drawn by myself.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2ghisler(Author)
1. The margins around the button are the same (5 pixels each). And the one above progress playbar is unclear. Either 6, or 7. There is no border visible.
2. Could you do the same on Win 7? We, as you remember, generally started with a classic theme. However, in this regard, she does not differ from Aero.
Overquoting is evil! 👎