Thumbnails Different Sizes: change the size just by using CTRL+(+/-)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sandr_62

Thumbnails Different Sizes: change the size just by using CTRL+(+/-)

Post by *sandr_62 »

Hi Everybody,
I am a professional photographer and use TC mostly to move image files, rename them, copy them, do selections, etc...
I use thumbnails most of the time where I do a selection on the left side and move them to the right side. ( I like to work from left to right)
My question is if there is any plugin or addon for thumbnails that I can change the thumbnail size on the panel without going thru Configuration-->Options-->Thumbnails and changing size.
Sometimes I need to enlarge thumbnails to see some details of some set of images and then get back to a smaller size to continue my selection.
It would be great if there will be an option like in photoshop CTRL + (+/-) or like in Irfran Viewer where you can hit the + or - button to enlarge or reduce the image size (in my case thumbnails) on the panel without going thru the settings.
Thanks in advance.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Thumbnails Different Sizes

Post by *nsp »

Since TC 10, you have cm_ZoomIn and cm_ZoomOut commands to make thumbnails bigger or smaller.
You can affect to a key :
Configuration -> Misc -> hotkey definition

or just edit %commander_ini% and add a [Shortcuts] section as pictured or just paste hotkey lines !

Code: Select all

[Shortcuts]
C++=cm_ZoomIn
C+-=cm_ZoomOut
You can also use a button in the vertical bar...
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Thumbnails Different Sizes: change the size just by using CTRL+(+/-)

Post by *tuska »

HISTORY.TXT wrote:22.04.21 Release Total Commander 10.00 public beta 7
25.10.20 Added: New internal commands cm_ZoomIn and cm_ZoomOut, to zoom in 10% steps between 10% and 200%.
                         Accepts percent value as parameter (32/64)
25.10.20 Added: Zoom thumbnails with Ctrl+Mouse wheel between 10% and 200% of the configured thumbnail size (32/64)
If you are in menu "Show" - "Thumbnail view" just press Ctrl and rotate the mouse wheel back and forth.
Thus, this function is already available (from TC 10.00) without changing the settings.

cm_CommandBrowser

cm_ZoomIn	2953	Enlarge thumbnails (max 200%)
cm_ZoomOut	2954	Make thumbnails smaller (min 10%)
BUTTONS:
Create BUTTON in button bar ("copy/paste CODE")
  1. Click on "SELECT ALL" (to the right of CODE:), then press CTRL+C (copy to clipboard).
  2. Right-click on any place in the button bar, then click on "Paste".
     ⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺
  3. Option1: See Explanation to TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA  <-- <Ctrl+click on the link...>
  4. Option2: Point to the new button (slightly longer): 'Tooltip' is shown (-> description to the button).
                  A maximum of 259 characters is allowed for the tooltip. | = create line break, || = create | as separator character.
  5. Option3: Button bar - "Tooltip" field: A single space deactivates the display of the tooltip.
                  If the "Tooltip" field is empty, the content of the "Command" field is displayed.
Button 1:   cm_ZoomIn - 150% fixed

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_ZoomIn 150

wciconex.dll,19
cm_ZoomIn 150 || 150% fixed / TC 10.00 req. |cm_ZoomIn, to zoom in 10% steps between 10% and 200%.|Accepts percent value as parameter (32/64)|https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=76479|Thumbnails Different Sizes: change the size just by using CTRL+(+/-)

Button 2:   cm_ZoomOut - 100% fixed

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_ZoomOut 100

wciconex.dll,18
cm_ZoomOut 100 || 100% fixed / TC 10.00 req.|cm_ZoomOut, to zoom in 10% steps between 10% and 200%.|Accepts percent value as parameter (32/64)|https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=76479|Thumbnails Different Sizes: change the size just by using CTRL+(+/-)

Button 3:   cm_ZoomIn 10% - zoom in 10% steps between 10% and 200%

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_ZoomIn 10%

wciconex.dll,19
cm_ZoomIn 10%|Zoom thumbnails with Ctrl+Mouse wheel|between 10% and 200% of the configured thumbnail size|https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=76479|Thumbnails Different Sizes

Button 4:   cm_ZoomOut 10% - zoom in 10% steps between 10% and 200%

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_ZoomOut 10%

wciconex.dll,18
cm_ZoomOut 10%|Zoom thumbnails with Ctrl+Mouse wheel|between 10% and 200% of the configured thumbnail size|https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=76479|Thumbnails Different Sizes

Windows 10 Pro (x64) Version 21H2 (OS build 19044.1682) | Total Commander 10.50b3 x64/x86
sandr_62

Re: Thumbnails Different Sizes: change the size just by using CTRL+(+/-)

Post by *sandr_62 »

Thank you all very much!
You saved my time and headache.
That's what I was looking for.