All apk install functions will soon be removed

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mankokoma

Re: All apk install functions will soon be removed

Post by *mankokoma »

I also use always TC as installer for all downloaded apks. I was quite shocked after the last Google update. At least so I came to watch this forum, which i didn't for a looong time. Thanks for still providing direct downloads from your page and for TC for Android anyways!!!
wtftapatalk

Post by *wtftapatalk »

I had to make an account on this forum here to show my support for this file manager I am using on Android for a long time now.... and to bitch about the Google warning which lead to the unfortunate cripple of the SIB app.

This is especially hypocritical since their own File Manager by Google (which I sometimes use) also permits apk install from local source / storage location. I actually used it to install the apk downloaded on the forum...

I just hope this is a misunderstanding in the end and not another grind of good apps.

Keep it up and be well!
rudolfm

Post by *rudolfm »

To install an app, longpress the file, "open with", " Packet Manager". This even works with the the PS version to install a TC update.
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

TC is available on uptodown store.
blacky

Post by *blacky »

@solid, is there a markt.apk for it ?

Well, it exist also F-Droid, the more correct Markedplace
https://www.f-droid.org/

yesterday Microsoft, now google.. and it must be a must to logged in as normal user.. pffhh..
then i go more likely to an other supporter where gives me free apk's
but if the generally public support some b.s., Datacollecting.. well ...
Chris, i know this Tread have a more importance, but must really say in the public,
Goggle.. pffhh.. you need it not, you can make F-Droit more great or an own marked apk
and add other full-programms like f-droid with OsmAnd+ in fullversion..

Let the Totalcommander like it is, make the more less TC.apk shareware in google, and
make in F-Droid full, like it is at moment and upload it at F-Droid !

p.... on Google.. if want have anyone at google, mus he pay for it for become it over mail.. and you become money for it..
and who use F-Droid, become the full Total commander for android.. fullstop! like OSMAnd+ !

this could be the most best solution.. and F-Droid is ever up to date with total commander.. end..

edit:
ghisler(Author) wrote: Sorry, F-Droid only accepts open source, and I can't guarantee that I'm allowed to open source all the code I use.
beebb...... sh..ty youre right.. but why not an own store.. for closed source.. Chris, you have a Factory with TC, so why not build up an own store, without User-regestration.. you can do it.. by side of clean Open source F-Droid, but for closed source.. and correct Programms..

F-Admin-Marked
For Admins , who know what they Do ;) Because, be The Admins who Administration the Google ;) jeah..*
Chris, i bet with you, would be become a run.. because, TC is known as "GoodGuy !" i guess, would be become great !

or, f-u-Google-Marked ;)

best
Blacky
Meine Blackysgate.de/net
Ma' Personal licence : already one. Hab auch eine
Mein Computer : Einer/once ??? bahh, Rz/Data Centre !
Kitchen, Liv.room, TV, Schlafz.. Sch...
BS/OS: Win3.1/7, Fedora a. other, Reactos
dustojnikhummer

Post by *dustojnikhummer »

I suppose there aren't plans on a Non-Play build that keeps the APK installing features?
Pay87

Post by *Pay87 »

dustojnikhummer wrote: 2022-05-22, 18:36 UTC I suppose there aren't plans on a Non-Play build that keeps the APK installing features?
There is a build already, check here:
https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=76644
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

blacky wrote: 2022-05-22, 07:29 UTC @solid, is there a markt.apk for it ?
If you mean application for the store, sure there is.
https://uptodown-android.en.uptodown.com/android/download
MrLF

Post by *MrLF »

F*** google, play store has been my blacklisted, from here i put the 3.33d version, many thanks!

Which third party app store do you recommend? (The TC app need update in Amazon store)
gemeenteraadslid

Post by *gemeenteraadslid »

I'm mildly confused. So now since I will update TC manually and never via PlayStore again - is the latest version suppossed to be in the 3.33 thread always? Because 3.40b2 is also there. Or where willI check best?
https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=76644
gemeenteraadslid

Post by *gemeenteraadslid »

rudolfm wrote: 2022-05-19, 22:53 UTC To install an app, longpress the file, "open with", " Packet Manager". This even works with the the PS version to install a TC update.
Then it should be possible to link apks to the Android package manager via the internal linking (in tcmd preferences). Anyone please? I didn't manage to do it yet, because the apk manager isn't in the list of apps.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

To install an app, longpress the file, "open with", " Packet Manager". This even works with the the PS version to install a TC update.
This doesn't work on newer Android versions, because the packet manager will refuse install requests unless the app has the permission REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
blank

Post by *blank »

Shame on Google.
novw

Post by *novw »

2 questions.

A: I don't understand exactly what's going on. Let's assume I download an APK from the internet. When I select that APK in TC I am not allowed to install the file? But when I select that APK in my browser ("open file") I _am_ allowed? What's the difference?

B: when I install the TC from this site, I will not receive update notifications anymore. That's a bad thing that needs fixing. Quickly.
Niels
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

A: Ask Google. I tried many times to get more details about the threatened ban from the Play Store, but they didn't want to give me the details (or they couldn't).
B: It has a version number 1000 higher than the Play Store version. In case of a serious security issue, I can just increase the version number of the Play Store version by 1000 and you will get a forced update (of course without the apk install function).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com