Wrong mouse cursor in copy progress dialog

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

funkymonk

Wrong mouse cursor in copy progress dialog

Post by *funkymonk »

This long-existing bug must have been reported before, but I cannot find it in the forum:

For TC10.50b7 (and several versions before) x32 dark @ Win10x64:
When hovering the mouse over border of the copy progress dialog, it indicates "resizable".
However, the window cannot be resized.

I would definitely appreciate a resizable copy window -- but showing the right mouse cursor with the non-resizable window is also fine...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wrong mouse cursor in copy progress dialog

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is a known limitation which cannot be fixed. I tried creating the window as a not resizable dialog, but then minimizing the dialog together with Total Commander didn't work properly. The only solution was to make it a resizable window, but block the resizing. It may be possible to make the window truly resizable, but the names aren't currently shortened by available space (this is terribly slow), but by fixed length, so nothing would be gained.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
funkymonk

Re: Wrong mouse cursor in copy progress dialog

Post by *funkymonk »

Ah, ok.
A truly resizable window would be very nice (for various reasons), but I'm sure you have already evaluated the performance impact.