[TC10.70b7] visual bugs dark mode, no scroll bar

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC10.70b7] visual bugs dark mode, no scroll bar

Post by *AntonyD »

2ghisler(Author)
Values! I repeat - I need to get real values in pixels from all dependent and used concepts and options! on your side -
in order to compare ALL of them with my variants. Only after that I can make some assumptions and corrections probably.

And the very first thing that may interest me is from what point - and with what relative coordinates you generally start counting for all subsequent calculations and renderings of the checkbox and its text.
Just imagine that already in this place we may begin to have discrepancies! For example, you write that you get a value of 12, and I will count 18! And now - already 6 pixels difference, which will then run in the amount and give a bad picture.

And the Inter-Object Distance is also important for the case of placing two checkboxes horizontally at some distance.
It's calculated, isn't it? Set by some kind of constant?
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The code I posted is the width of the checkbox image plus the width of the space. I can't give you numbers because the width of the checkbox image depends on theme and DPI, and the width of the 0 used for the space depends on the used font and DPI.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

But you're asking me for my various source data - when trying to reproduce any bug I've described on your machine, aren't you? And yes - all of the above are of great interest to you. And you just apply the values you got from me on your computer in order to replicate the situation.
Just here and now the situation has turned out the other way around)))
So yes - for example, for reference, let's take 100% monitor fill (system settings), 120% DPI in Total's dialogs and default standard fonts, Windows 10 x64 and its default theme. And what values do you get with these input data?
Last edited by AntonyD on 2022-06-07, 15:42 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, we don't get anywhere with this thread. I will move this to "will not be changed".
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moderator message

Moved to "will not be changed"