TC color settings

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

georgeb

TC color settings

Post by *georgeb »

I'd like to ask Christian for - or propose to the community respectively - two small additions to implement in settings for convenience of usability.

First one concerns the color-picker-dialog. I know it's easy and you can set the colors via that palette-display. But if you are operating more than one Android-devices in parallel (I would guess many of us do) you'd perhaps prefer to replicate your personal optimum-colors to all of them. The good thing is their exact hex-RGB-values are shown in the palette-dialog - The bad thing: it is nearly impossible to achieve the very same color settings on different devices graphically.

So my proposal / minor request would be to implement the possibility to not only read out the RGB-hex-values chosen in that dialog but rather being able to enter them numerically / manually as well in that (then to be interactive) numeric field.

Second thing concerns the very important capability to binary compare files and check for their integrity or difference of file-versions. Thankfully a leaned-down version of that PC-feature has been implemented to "little brother" Android in the meantime as well. Now this feature can be accessed via the context menu with two files selected. But many TCA-users I'm afraid aren't even aware of that enhanced capability. So perhaps it would be a good idea to implement the possibility for also creating a button to access that feature. If that option would also appear in the list of possible buttons it would IMHO be more convenient to use but moreover would be obvious to see for everyone that this feature is at all available in the first place!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC color settings

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

These are two very nice ideas which are also easy to add, thank you!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
georgeb

Re: TC color settings

Post by *georgeb »

Thanks a lot for the warm acceptance of my proposals. And while we're at it - and I really don't want to sound immodest here - would it perhaps be equally low effort to implement the possibility of exporting the complete set of TCA-settings to some kind of text-file with the purpose of backing them up and being able to import them altogether at once into another (new, upgraded etc.) Android device?