ViewMode for number of files above certain number

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

hi5
Power Member
Power Member

ViewMode for number of files above certain number

Post by *hi5 »

Is it possible to create a ViewMode so that when I enter a specific folder and the number of files (or PDFs) is above say 20 it changes the background color, this to alert me I need to do something. (I have WinScriptAdv + AutoHotkey installed if that helps)
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ViewMode for number of files above certain number

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, unfortunately not. There are only two options for the number of files:
1. There is at least one file which matches the specified pattern, e.g. to switch to thumbnail view when there is at least one image file
2. There are 50% or more files which match the given pattern, e.g. only switch to thumbnail view if at least half the files are images.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

changes the background color
There is no such cm_, so no.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

To change the background(2) color, you can define your own custom column view and then a view mode and an Auto-Switch rule.
in View mode, you have place holder for background/2 !

To switch view mode unlike Custom Column View you cannot do it by name, just by number using :

Code: Select all

cm_(Src|tgt|Left|right)ViewMode(0...29)
---

To define automatic switch unlike many places you cannot use file-search name as File Type. You must use plain file pattern.

Anyhow you can create a .warning file in the folder using script or by vbScript column or whatever and then use the Auto-Switch condition to at least one file and set .warning as FileType.. I know it will pollute your fileSystem but as rule cannot be based on current folder wdx field this is the only solution i see to have autoswitch