TCAnd Editor features

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

georgeb

TCAnd Editor features

Post by *georgeb »

Just a silly question: Is it possible that TCAnd-built-in-editor does neither offer the capability of code-page-switching nor that of "search-and-replace"? Or am I just too stupid to find those standard editor features?

I've been using that built-in editor for quite some time now and never have stumbled upon that problem, amazingly enough.

But as of recently I stumbled upon a downloaded text-file that displayed a lot of "funny faces" in the Android-editor while I faintly remembered that it had opened correctly in a Windows-editor. So my first guess was that the editor here must have used an improper code-page whereas a more mighty Windows-editor would have detected the proper code-page correctly so that perhaps I didn't take notice of any strange encoding of that file.

So I tried to change the encoding manually - but couldn't find that option anywhere. Then I had the idea to find those "funny faces" one by one and let the editor replace them by the proper sign automatically. But - no success with that method either as my look-up for that "find & replace"-feature turned out to be in vain as well. So is it possible that I may have taken a feature for granted so far that simply isn't there in Android?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TCAnd Editor features

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The editor uses either UTF-8 Unicode, or ANSI for the code page of the current system language. So if your system language is for example Hungarian, it uses Central European encoding, or if it is English, it uses Western European encoding.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
georgeb

Post by *georgeb »

Ok, that is understood. But that encoding - as I understand your answer - cannot be manually overwritten. And what about "Search & Replace"?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately it cannot be manually overwritten, sorry. I will consider it.
Search and replace is still on my wish list.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
georgeb

Post by *georgeb »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2022-06-12, 07:52 UTCSearch and replace is still on my wish list.
Thanks for the clarification. And yes, S&R then is on my wish list, too!
sdqdlwq

Post by *sdqdlwq »

I sincerely hope that the search and replace function will be implemented in the new version of TCAnd Editor soon.
--Happy Lunar New Year!
give it a shot