Copy and rename in one go from zip-file goes wrong

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

vdijken

Copy and rename in one go from zip-file goes wrong

Post by *vdijken »

When I copy a file with F5 from a zip file (opened in one panel), a file with the original name is placed in the target directory, as expected.
But when I put a file name behind the path of the target directory in the copy command, a subdirectory with that file name is created there with a file with the new name in it.
So: when I copy file a.a (in a zip file!) to c:\temp; the file c:\temp\a.a created, but when the file name should become b.b, c:\temp\b.b\b.b is created instead of c:\temp\b.b.
When I copy a "normal" file (so not in a zip file), the rename goes fine.
I have the 7zip version 0.7.6.5a plug-in.
I have Windows 10 V21.H2 and use the 64 bits version of TC 10.50RC2
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Copy and rename in one go from zip-file goes wrong

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is not a bug, you just can't rename while unpacking because this is neither supported by external unpackers nor by packer plugins.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hacker

Re: Copy and rename in one go from zip-file goes wrong

Post by *Hacker »

vdijken,
So: when I copy file a.a (in a zip file!) to c:\temp; the file c:\temp\a.a created, but when the file name should become b.b, c:\temp\b.b\b.b is created
I think c:\temp\b.b\a.a is created.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.