Custom Columns number formating

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

albertocasanova

Custom Columns number formating

Post by *albertocasanova »

Hello and thanks for reading.

Image: https://i.imgur.com/SnQGpVM.png

I'm using TCmediaInfo.Video Bitrate on a custom view and it displays, for example, 144106444, as result for the first fileclip in the example image.

Is there a way to display 144,106,444 instead? Or better yet only the thousands ("144")?

Thanks again!
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Custom Columns number formating

Post by *Dalai »

The field "Video Bitrate" has a unit definition, so

Code: Select all

[=tcmediainfo.Video Bitrate.Mbps]
should do what you want. To have a thousands separator, you might need to edit TCMediaInfo.xml in the plugin directory, but I'm not sure about that.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
albertocasanova

Thank you so much, this will do perfectly.

Where can I learn more about unit definitions available for other types of fields?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

albertocasanova wrote: 2022-07-25, 20:06 UTCWhere can I learn more about unit definitions available for other types of fields?
It's in the custom columns configuration, directly where you can select the plugin field (or "property" as TC calls it). If a field provides units or format strings, like size, date and time fields do, you can them for a field. Look for example at the size or writetime fields of the built-in plugin tc. Expand a field like these and you'll see their units or format strings.

In TC 8 and older the plugin field selection and their units is done via a menu-driven system, but the basic concept of units is the same.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
albertocasanova

Got it. I didnt saw the dropdown arrow on the plugin field, now i do! Thanks!
nn1k3

Post by *nn1k3 »

Dalai wrote: 2022-07-25, 20:30 UTC by albertocasanova » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:49 pm
Got it. I didnt saw the dropdown arrow on the plugin field, now i do! Thanks!
I see the good discussion above, but I'm stuck. I want to expand the units of a field that I am choosing for custom columns. But I do not see the "dropdown arrow" mentioned above. Nor do I see the relevant "menu-driven system." Thanks in advance for your patience.

I have another question if I may. I can copy the displayed attibutes of rows I select using Mark/Copy.... How can I also copy the field names of the columns? Thank you.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

nn1k3 wrote: 2023-09-08, 22:31 UTCBut I do not see the "dropdown arrow" mentioned above.
In TC 9 and later the field selection is done via a separate dialog. In that dialog you'll see the available plugins on the left and the fields of the selected plugin on the right. All fields providing units have an arrow or plus icon next to it. It's the same icon used in trees. Expand that tree branch and there's your units for that particular field.
Nor do I see the relevant "menu-driven system."
That is only relevant for TC 8 and older, as I already pointed out.
I have another question if I may. I can copy the displayed attibutes of rows I select using Mark/Copy.... How can I also copy the field names of the columns?
Use the cm_CopyHdrFileDetailsToClip command which exists in TC 10.0 and later.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

nn1k3

Post by *nn1k3 »

Thank you very much, Dalai. I'm all set now. I had forgotten how to navigate trees! Let me belabor the obvious to help anyone still confused:
You must click to the left (not the right) of the field you wish to expand. Below for example I expanded the field "size"
  • Properties:
    |-path
    |-size
    | |- <default>
    | |-bytes
    | |-kbytes