mp3 etc player: add repeat, shuffle etc

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

indubhushandas

mp3 etc player: add repeat, shuffle etc

Post by *indubhushandas »

Hello ;-)
I am a big fan of Windows commander and total Commander, and now also its Android version is my main file manager.
But I use my mobile phone as mp3 player as well, and Total commander for Android is now my main mp3 (audio/video) player.
However, it lacks many important features like:
- repeat one
- shuffle
etc

I often like some song to repeat again and again (or it can be mantra etc). So I have to replay it again and again. But when i am on the street, it is not convenient to change sound-tracks manually by taking the phone out of pocket and pressing in Total Commander Android to replay it again. Even though I have headphones (blutooth) on which there is "joystick" to pause playing and to jump to previous song or beginning of track, it is buggy (maybe my phones are buggy). So, I believe it is mych better to introduce "repeat one" track mode in total cmd android player. thank you in advance and God bless you all for best file manager!

Also, I am very upset that there is no feature to shuffle songs in total cmd android. I am very much used to "winamp" mp3 player on my Windows, but on Android now I don't find any player like this. I think total commmander android can do what is required to replace Winamp@desktopWindows.
I already have sd-card with 128 GB in my mobile phone, and it is mostly filled with mp3s, mp4s, and similar audio-video tracks. I am very much happy to use total commander to press on some folder and put into a quee to play. But player itself is not very convenient for everyday use.
Previously, I had a headphones which also had 16GB sd-card (but no android etc). It was just a cheap chinese player which could play songs in same sequence, and even random mode there was using algorythm which mostly made "random" mode to play songs "randomly" in same order (random numbers generator generated same next "random tracl" every time, so I already knew what track would be next"... So it was too boring (though I used in the garden and it was good 5 years ago or more), now I am using mobile phone for same, with Total Cmd Android for mp3 player. and still there is same absence of very important feature.
I was studying some programming in computer academy, and we also did mp3 player in Android Studio in java. it is not hard to make it. But I want that such player is included in total cmd android version.

Please just add repeat one, repeat all and "shuffle mode" (and be sure that random numbers are indeed rundom).

Still, if you will add these features kindly (and let God blees you all with all health and money etc for doing it), I would lack few more features.
I like to use program "Oddera Mp3 illyrium manager 2000" to manage whole mp3s collection on my PC/Windows. So mp3 are more or less in uniform format with folders for separate artists/genres/themes, and tracks titles with form "artist - song title" etc. usually. But mp3 player in total cmd android doesn't seem to use much mp3 tags. I'ld like that total cmd android mp3 player also uses feature like in Winamp to search for tracks by artist name, by genre, by track title, and maybe by some other criterias like rating, mood or whatever (optional).
So this is all required to manage all tht mp3 library within mp3 player, without need to clear playlist and recreate it many times a day (for playing this or that album).
In general, I want that total cmd android mp3 player become my main "music box" instead of winamp@windows, because now it is good idea to have ll music/mp3s on sd-card in mobile, and whether I come home - I can connect it to external loudspeakers (to make "music center"), or take it to any room, to the =street, but go on listening to favorite tracks without bothering that it was played on PC/desktop in winamp etc, but then I go to other place, and have to again to find it on phone etc... so of course there can be many advancements in having all mp3s in phone, and not on desktop (maybe in future, even mp4 will also be on android phones, like we have youtube on phone, but it's still expensive to have unlimited internet on mobile through sim-card with comfortable youtube video speed etc)...

ok? I think you as developers of total commander android also have mp3 on your mobiles, sd-card in android. thus I wonder, which mp3 playrs do you use? do you think really that there is no need to add these features into total cmd android player? then which players you use on android? are you satisfied with them 100%? can thay be as good as winamp?

I am telling you about winamp, because I think total commander for windows is similar to winamp for windows, because these two programs have similar plugins system. to exten functionality with plugins in total cmd is one of best features, for which people love total cmd, and not other file managers. so people love winamp for plugins. but I think there no program like winamp for android now. it is quite sad. in 2022. and by the way I am in ukraine, we have war here. we have songs from which we feel like crying that "we don't asked you to come to liberate us with bullets, rockets and bombs" etc. In our village tanks also were, and they destroyed a church, killed the priest, etc. you know in Mariupol are over 20 000 civil people were killed in past half year or so...?

yes, and by the way, for this reason, I'ld like to have a feature in total commander android player - to repeat some part of song again and again. it can be some part of song which I like most - to learn, to enjoy this part, to meditate upon it whatever.

if thta what I ask is not in priority, that please tell me of how to make mp3-etc-player plugin for total cmd android, and maybe I'll program it myself (though not sure as maybe there is something I don't know - programming language or don't have time to learn etc etc).

I had back in 2000-es mp3 player - iRiver iHP-120, it had 20GB hdd, and all my mp3s were there. it was broken, and I also had problems with hearing for several years (spoiled by ear). Now this is recovered, but I am in nostalgy for having good mp3 collection in pocket with good device/software etc to manage it. hope total cmd android player will do this.

iRiver had nice feature to show text of song, and scroll it according to position/time in track. hope total cmd android player will also have it.
and by the way, winamp has some nice libraries to load lyrics from online for mp3 played now. if that's added into total cmd android player - it would be so great!

and by the way, one more note. I see that to copy or move a file in total cmd android, even when there are two panels, left and right, I am forced to use clipboard to copy file and paste it. but I often listen something from youtube on the way, and if some track is cool, I download it on the street using youtubepp.com site, and mp3 are going automatically into download folder. so it takes much time to find them. and to copy them to sd card - it is also not that easy as on windows. I think that thus adding a feature to have "favorite folders" on total cmd android is a good idea (I don't find it).
can you make something like "drag and drop" in total cmd android? say if I want to copy one file, I just press and hold, and
copying mode" is activated, and I simply drag to opposite file panel, place it there - and it gets copied. is it possible? or please simply add a button bar on below of total cmd to access most common file operations: view, edit, copy, move, etc.

is it possible to have programming languages code editor in total cmd android? say, to code javascript source (.js), to highlight syntax etc?

Can you do something to make all totalcmd4win plugins be available for total-cmd-android as well? maybe through some "windows emulator", i don't know... ?

and one more thing. is it possible to add some plug-in like that in winamp - to access shoutcast internet radio stations - from within total commander? so that if mp3 collection on phone is not enough, so that I can download a list of all mp3 stations from shoutcast directory (it is winamp free service - for users to listen), and listen to the internet-radios from within total-cmd-android (through plugin I also believe).
what is condition of plugins system for total cmd android now?

thank you in advance for best file manager,
millions of blessings for you all
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: mp3 etc player: add repeat, shuffle etc

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thanks for your suggestions! There is currently only a "repeat all" function, not repeat one.
There is also a "shuffle"function called "Random order".

You can find both in the long click context menu. You need to long click on the name, not on the icon of a track.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com