Unexpected behavior: why the button panel not fixed?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Unexpected behavior: why the button panel not fixed?

Post by *AntonyD »

HI!
my prev. error as i found out was not an error from TC - but this one - definitely belongs to it.
[img]https://i.ibb.co/WxxSKX6/IMG-20220901-162229.jpg[/img]
Why is this highlighted part of TC's interface - the button/control panel - not rigidly fixed?
Why does it run away when I start scrolling down the list of files?
Isn't the following scenario repeated during testing:
I need to find a file that I remember "only with my eyes". To do this, I twist the list, look. And now I understand that I am in the wrong folder.
Or(happens most often) is it a remote folder of another computer, shared over the network - and I need to update the contents of the panel.
And How? I now need to sharply scroll through the list of files in order to bring up the panel with the function buttons that I need.
Why am I being forced to do this? Why is this panel not always visible in its place?
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unexpected behavior

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It's within the list - on phones the available space is very small, especially in landscape mode, so I didn't want to waste it for this.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Unexpected behavior

Post by *AntonyD »

But the practice of using the file list with this floating panel shows that I am much more mad when I cannot instantly tap on the button I need than from the fact that there is not enough space and not everything fits into the file list on one screen ....
What a disproportionate problem. Better take a place, but give access to the buttons immediately!
At least as an option in the settings. Who wants to - he will do it.
#146217 personal license