Mark multiple directories in Tree View?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Audioguy

Mark multiple directories in Tree View?

Post by *Audioguy »

Hello there!

I wonder if it's possible, in the tree view, to mark multiple directories in the same way we can mark multiple files in the main panes?

The use-case I have here is that I have a directory full of subdirectories and each subdirectory contains a further subdirectory. It's these final subdirectories that I wish to copy to another drive.
Right now I am using the tree view to navigate the subdirectories and using F6 to copy each one at a time. Ideally I'd like to simply mark all the dirs I'm interested in and then perform one copy to duplicate them all.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Mark multiple directories in Tree View?

Post by *nsp »

We copy from a "pane" to target or selected folder in target pane. for me the tree is only an helper to chose which folder to focus on.
I do not know if you could create from the tree a list of folder to load adding folder one at one.

But as an alternative:
You could search for folder only (Advanced tab: attributes Check mark ✓ - Directory ✓) from your current place fixing search in sub-directory depth to 1 level(s) then feed to listbox .
If you have a folder name scheme or a list of name, use it to restrict result.
Select target folder and then from the "Search result" pane, select the ones to copy and copy !
This should do the job.
Audioguy

Post by *Audioguy »

Thanks for your reply. I'm new to TT (been meaning to learn it for well over a decade now) - so I think I need to go find out about the list-box functionality.. it seems useful (but mysterious ;)

Thanks again.
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

I was a little to quick, as i do not use the tree view (since xTree Gold). I forgot that it is possible to select multiple folder inside tree view using [ctrl] modifier. So if you feel comfortable in tree view [ctrl]+[F8], you can select more than one folder in the current view using [ctrl]+LClick and then copy all at once to a single target.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Audioguy

You can mark several folders in the Tree View (Ctrl+F8, cm_SrcTree), but NOT in the Separate Tree View (Ctrl+Shift+F8, cm_SwitchSeparateTree) - so from what you are writing I guess you are referring to the Separate Tree View when you writing "tree view" and "tree".
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar