(Implemented in TC-10.52) Keyboard keys F20 to F24 not supported? (F13 works)

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sirksel

(Implemented in TC-10.52) Keyboard keys F20 to F24 not supported? (F13 works)

Post by *sirksel »

Mr. Ghisler, I love that you support the extended function keys. On my custom keyboard, I have not only F1 to F12, but also F13 to F24 (12 more of them). They are all supported by the HID standard and work in Vim, AutoHotkey, and many other apps. I often use them to create single key macros that I know won't conflict with anything else.

However, I noticed that it Total Commander, F20 through F24 seem not to be supported. Seems like only to F19. Am I wrong about this? Is it easy/possible to support those five additional function keys? Pretty please...

And thanks so much, Mr. Ghisler, for all the work you put into this great app over the decades. I can't even begin to estimate all the time you've saved me by your very efficient and customizable file manager. You are the best!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: F20 to F24 not supported?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Officially only F1..F12 are supported:
You can only choose F1..F12 in Configuration - Options - Misc. How did you choose F19?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

How did you choose F19?
Maybe by editing the [Shortcuts] section in wincmd.ini manually?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

You are right, it does work this way. I will add support for up to VK_F24, but also only when it's entered manually to not confuse people with regular keyboards.
sirksel

Post by *sirksel »

Thank you both. Yes, I tested them by entering my shortcuts directly in the ini file, as in:

Code: Select all

cas+f19=cm_CRCcreate
I have so many shortcuts (every combo of every available key) that it's easier for me to just use the text file to administer all of them. I forgot you could even do it with the dialogs... so I should have clarified that I was only asking for support for the extended keys in the ini file. :) Thanks for adding support for up to F24. I'll now be able to use a more balanced keyboard layout. I'll watch for the next release. Many thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Did you try the RC1 version? I don't have a keyboard with F24, so it would be nice if you could try it before the final release.
sirksel

Post by *sirksel »

Sorry for my delay in responding. That was super fast! I was away for the weekend, and by the time I returned you have already fixed it. Here I was thinking I'd check back in a few weeks. Wow, Mr. Ghisler, you are the best!

In answer to your question, I tried F20 through F24 each individually. I can confirm they are each individually mappable in the shortcuts section of wincmd.ini. F13 through F19 also remain functional in this way, as before. Many thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's great to hear, thanks for testing and reporting your results!