Total Commander file transfer info

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

lneam

Total Commander file transfer info

Post by *lneam »

with the beginning of version 10.50 i have noticed new info during file transfer. It appears on the next window when we select files and folders, and we press F5 or F6. Now on the middle of this window we have added info. It shows - size, files, folders - . This a very good added info.

Up today, when i was pressing to start the tranfer i was thinking that on the down left corner that the exist info was "current file number count / files total". I was totaly wrong about this for a long time. From the 10.51 version i discover that those numbers (xx/xx) are a combination of total files+folders.

Of cource all of this period, i was doing my job just fine, but recently i discover the problematic info for some users like me. Why that ?
According to my opinion, the info of folders count is confusing. Why we have to measure the folders, how many there are or how many they have left ? This action for the OS to create a folder is making instantly. Maybe there are users that need this info, but there are others that don't.

As a good solution, i will suggest
1. inside the app settings > check on / off (the user can decide to count both of them or only the files)
or 2.two separate info on the window, one for files and one for folders

p.s.
of course there is always for me to be wrong, because not to found the hidden setting to disable this
lneam

Re: Total Commander file transfer info

Post by *lneam »

today, with the last version of 10.52, i made a new observation.

i mark a folder of 2 files to transfer to usb from the internal hdd. when i press F5, the app show 2 files and 1 folder to do the tranfer. i press OK to start. with the first file, it show on the next window 0/3. On the next file 1/3 ... and when the file No2 finished ... i never see 2/3 and 3/3.

what is the action 2/3 and 3/3 ? anyone knows ?
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Total Commander file transfer info

Post by *Gral »

Info on dialog window shows completed actions, so "0" during copy/move first file; "1" means copy/move first file is completed. You'll never notice "2/3" and "3/3" in such a case as it appears while second file and folder are copied/moved and dialog window immediately closed.