"cd \\\Startup Guard\Overall" command does not work until the first jump to the root

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

"cd \\\Startup Guard\Overall" command does not work until the first jump to the root

Post by *Fla$her »

It started, it seems, with some beta version of TC 10.
Now we have to execute cd \\\Startup Guard, and then cd \\\Startup Guard\Overall.
For correct work, I made a gluing of em_ commands.

The plugin is old, so I don't see much point in telling the author. I would like to know what was the cause in TC and, if possible, fix it.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: "cd \\\Startup Guard\Overall" command does not work until the first jump to the root

Post by *Dalai »

This is not an issue in TC but the plugin itself. I just tested it in TC 8.52a and I can see the same behavior, also with other subdirs like User and StartUp. My guess is that the plugin does some initialization when entering its root, which it doesn't do when entering a subdir.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "cd \\\Startup Guard\Overall" command does not work until the first jump to the root

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Moderator message

Moved to plugins forum
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Perhaps you are right. Apparently, I got so used to the old customizing that I forgot how long ago I did it.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

I use the Sysinternal Autoruns for this purpose.
This gives more functions than the old 32bit only plugin.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2Horst.Epp
We have different purposes. My purpose here is to make this plugin work like the others.
Overquoting is evil! 👎