Locked, but directory changes allowed

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tcOne

Locked, but directory changes allowed

Post by *tcOne »

Hello,

I am using the very convenient "Locked, but directory changes allowed" function with plenty of tabs and noticed the following:

I have one such tab, then switch to another dir (i.e. not the locked root one) in that tab and move the file cursor to any file/dir (except the top ".." one). I then switch tab, in the same panel (either left or right, same behavior), and then get back to the previous (locked) tab. The dir is kept, since I don't have checked the "Return to locked tab root directory on tab change" option, but the file cursor is moved to the top of the dir. Also any selected files/dirs are deselected.

Is it easily doable -or simply possible through an option I've missed- to have TC stay on the active file/dir (where the cursor was)? The files/dirs selection would also be a nice thing to keep, but the active file/dir is the more important one. This happens only when we are not in the locked root of that tab. When in the locked root, everything behaves normally, just like with the simple (not locked) tabs.

I've searched in the forum, the F1 help and the HISTORY.TXT file, but failed to find anything about this specific behavior.
I'm using TC 10.52 32bit on Windows 10 64bit. I've also tested with the previous version, TC 10.51 32bit, and experienced the same behavior. I guess I haven't noticed it before...

Kind regards