Custom panel view with multiple columns, is it possibe?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pakabra

Custom panel view with multiple columns, is it possibe?

Post by *pakabra »

I'm trying to move from FAR manager to Total Commander, and I managed to set up almost everything to my liking except the view with multiple columns.
What I like about Brief View is that it can show content in multiple columns, just like FAR manager.
What I don't like is that column width not fixed. If I'm in a folder with long named files, I don't see columns. Also I would like for file extensions to be next to a name.
So I made a custom view, but the "horizontal scrolling" check isn't working. No matter it it's enabled or not, I see only vertical scroll, so there is no columns. Is it a bug? Or it has over purpose?
Please help! I have a lot of horizontal real estate, and it totally wasted.
Hacker

Re: Custom panel view with multiple columns, is it possibe?

Post by *Hacker »

pakabra,
What I don't like is that column width not fixed.
Configuration - Options - Display - Limit width of brief view column to: [__] Pixels.
Also I would like for file extensions to be next to a name.
Configuration - Options - Tabstops/Data Formats - Show file extensions - Directly after filename.
So I made a custom view, but the "horizontal scrolling" check isn't working.
That checkbox is to enable scrolling if there is too much data in the columns and the columns are too wide so you need to scroll the view to see the long lines of data in the columns.
The file list itself is always only vertical in custom columns view.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
pakabra

Post by *pakabra »

Configuration - Options - Display - Limit width of brief view column to: [__] Pixels.
Ooooh yes! Lovely
Configuration - Options - Tabstops/Data Formats - Show file extensions - Directly after filename.
Yeah, I tried it, but extension gets hidden if file name is too long. Is there a workaround for that?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

pakabra,
extension gets hidden if file name is too long. Is there a workaround for that?
Not that I am aware of, unfortunately, except for not having the extension directly after the file name.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
pakabra

Post by *pakabra »

Hacker wrote: 2022-11-03, 11:02 UTC pakabra,
extension gets hidden if file name is too long. Is there a workaround for that?
Not that I am aware of, unfortunately, except for not having the extension directly after the file name.

Roman
Thanks anyway, my main problem was solved thanks to you