View Modes Tab - nonintuitive GUI elems placement

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

View Modes Tab - nonintuitive GUI elems placement

Post by *AntonyD »

Hi!

When I open Configuration-Options-View Mode tab i see in the lower half of this form this:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/CKxjYJ3/1.png[/img]
And questions constantly pop up in my head: why are some of the elements unavailable, some are available?
Why what's available doesn't make sense without what's not available right now?
Why are these elements SO LUMPED together? Why I don't intuitively understand - to which element
does the same simple checkbox - Priority - refer?

Can't we do something like this:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/ZVmYrXf/2.png[/img]
#146217 personal license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: View Modes Tab - nonintuitive GUI elems placement

Post by *petermad »

And questions constantly pop up in my head: why are some of the elements unavailable, some are available?
It is only for the <default> View mode in the top of the list that there are unavailable elements - because these are set elsewhere for the <default> View (Color config).
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2petermad
Once again I emphasize the essence of the issue - SOME of the elements are available - and some are not)))
for example, the Priority check box. Here's an explanation to me - how it can be available then,
when its "neighbors" in form - no? Is it so much more important that it is given access to change?

How can the value (on/off) of this flag work if the value of the icon selection square is not specified???
because these are set elsewhere for the <default> View (Color config).
This point is also not clear. Do you want to say - somewhere else I can set up Tab color and Icon, auto-run commands???
#146217 personal license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

or example, the Priority check box. Here's an explanation to me - how it can be available then,
You can set a tab icon for the <default> item. If you don't set a tab icon, then Priority stil has an effect - if you enable Priority and haven't chosen a tab icon, then icons defined via Desktop.ini will be hidden, and so will the icons for Local drives, Virtual folders, File system plugins and FTP connections even if they are enabled in the Folder Tab Icons dialog.

somewhere else I can set up Tab color and Icon, auto-run commands???
That is correct, you cannot set auto-run commands elsewhere - and I don't really see any reason why that is disabled for <default> View.

You can also not set the tab color for <default> View, which I also don't see any reason for.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar