MultiArc - archiver plugin - troubles creating the configuration

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ZoSTeR
Power Member
Power Member

Re: MultiArc - archiver plugin - troubles creating the configuration

Post by *ZoSTeR »

The %R stands for "Target subdirectory inside archive". This not the TC target panel.

MultiArc doesn't seem to have a direct target path variable and will always unpack first to a temp folder (afaik).
akhon

Post by *akhon »

Hi ZoSTeR,

Thank you for the clarification. However, now my problem is this: The tool can only extract the content of the subdirectory... to the temp folder. And the temp folder is not the problem. My problem is that TC is expecting a FILE and not a FOLDER. Any idea to handle this?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

TC extracts files, not folders. It enumerates files in an archive, builds list of files to be extracted and passes this list to the plugin. If extraction is done into temp folder, it moves only requested files from that folder to target folder. If your tool extracts files from a subdirectory into a subdirectory with different name, it is a problem, perhaps you can try renaming this subdirectory using expected name after extraction in your batch...
akhon

Post by *akhon »

MVV wrote: 2023-01-31, 08:52 UTC perhaps you can try renaming this subdirectory using expected name after extraction in your batch...
I've do this: Rename the subdirectory name as the expected name after extraction (that's easy inside a script file). However the problem is not this. The problem is how to instruct TC to extract a FOLDER. If we can't do that, then the limitation is huge... any tool that can only extract a "folder" will be out-side. Any idea?
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

I have no ideas, sorry, TC instructs plugins to extract file by file, but in this case it doesn't know which files are inside of this "folder", but if TC think that it is a file, it will send a single extraction request for it.
Depending on some conditions, TC may ask a plugin to extract directly to a destination location or to a temporary directory and then move to the destination location. In first case all should work, TC doesn't check extracted files, but in second case TC will try to use API for moving files for directories, and it may fail when temporary and destination directories are on different volumes.