Use a single command to switch between two views?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Use a single command to switch between two views?

Post by *Fla$her »

tuska wrote: โ†‘2023-01-28, 23:32 UTC
  1. C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wdx\Autorun\Autorun.cfg
    LoadLibrary Plugins\TCFS2Tools.dll64

C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wdx\Autorun\TCFS2Tools.dll
    C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wdx\Autorun\TCFS2Tools.dll64
But should be like this:
  1. C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wdx\Autorun\Autorun.cfg
    LoadLibrary Plugins\TCFS2Tools.dll

C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wdx\Autorun\Plugins\TCFS2Tools.dll
    C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wdx\Autorun\Plugins\TCFS2Tools.dll64
Overquoting is evil! ๐Ÿ‘Ž
yyang

Post by *yyang »

2tuska

Sorry for the late response! If it still helps, here is a description of my configuration. The only dependencies are TCFS2 and TCFS2Tools.

1. Download TCFS2 and TCFS2Tools, and extract them into the Plugins directory. My file structure:

Code: Select all

%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\TCFS2Tools
โ”‚  TCFS2Tools.dll
โ”‚  TCFS2Tools.dll64
โ”‚  Readme.txt
โ””โ”€ TCFS2
        TCFS2.exe
        TCFS2.Core.ini
        Readme.txt
2. Register TCFS2Tools. I follow the manual way outlined in the "Loading module on TC start" section of TCFS2Tools's Readme.txt, namely:

2a) Add TCFS2Tools as a WDX plugin. Configuration - Plugins - Content plugins (.WDX) - Configure - Add, and select the TCFS2Tools.dll64 file (in the 64-bit version of TC). The extension doesn't have to be renamed to .wdx64 or .wdx. The 32-bit version of TC will work automatically.

2b) Configure TCFS2Tools to automatically run. Configuration - Color - Define colors by file type - Add - TCFS2Tools (or any name) - Define - Plugins - TCFSTools.Autorun > 0 - save as TCFS2Tools (or any name). Then restart TC to load it.

3. Add a user command in usercmd.ini. I don't need a button, just a command that can be invoked via a shortcut key. But a button will work all the same.

[em_ToggleFullPanel]
button=wcmicons.dll,86
cmd=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\TCFS2Tools\TCFS2\TCFS2.exe /ef tcm(305) if(tcm(65555),tcm(910),tcm(909))
menu=Toggle between one horizontal and two vertical panels
4. Add a shortcut key to invoke the em_ToggleFullPanel user command. I use Alt+Shift+V, because Alt+V has been used for cm_VerticalPanels.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2Fla$her
Thank you!

2yyang
> Sorry for the late response!
You don't have to apologise to me at all!

Many thanks for your efforts and your support! :)

With your description (under point 2., 2a) I have now managed to get this function to work in TC 10.52 x86 as well.

> "... Content plugins (.WDX) - Configure - Add, and select the TCFS2Tools.dll64 file":
Copy path and file name beforehand to paste it afterwards, as only *.wdx;*.wdx64 is available as file type.

wincmd.ini - section...

[ContentPlugins]
0=C:\totalcmd\Tools\TCFS2Tools\TCFS2Tools.dll

; Then, for portability reasons, changed in the file "wincmd.ini" to: 
; 0=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\TCFS2Tools\TCFS2Tools.dll.

; Although the file C:\totalcmd\Tools\TCFS2Tools\TCFS2Tools.dll64 has been added,
; after that the file "TCFS2Tools.dll" is visible under Content plugins (.WDX) !
I had already implemented the other points (2b, 3., 4.) in a similar way.

In the end, I decided on your variant.

Without having tested TCFS2Tools further, I am convinced that there are certainly other valuable functions,
as long as a hobby-user like me hasn't already given up during the initial setup because he cut his teeth on it. :shock:
Here it was my fault that it took me so long. :?

Windows 11 Pro (x64) Version 22H2 (OS build 22621.1194) | TC 10.52 x64/x86
TCFS2 + TCFS2Tools: Full-screen mode for TC etc | TCFS2 2.4.3.584 | TCFS2Tools 1.4.4.216
Autorun 2.2.10 beta | Autorun 2.1.1 totalcmd.net
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

tuska wrote: โ†‘2023-01-29, 13:33 UTC With your description (under point 2., 2a) I have now managed to get this function to work in TC 10.52 x86 as well.
You write as if my version doesn't work in TC x86/x64. My option doesn't require unnecessary manipulations with extensions. The point is to fully use child plugins located in one common subfolder, and not to scatter them in different places.
Moreover, I consider the location of \Tools\TCFS2Tools\ illogical, since the library is not a utility/program, it is an auxiliary module of TC for programmatically calling certain functions by other means.
tuska wrote: โ†‘2023-01-29, 13:33 UTC Without having tested TCFS2Tools further, I am convinced that there are certainly other valuable functions
They can be found in the help. One of dozens of usage examples.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Fla$her wrote: โ†‘2023-01-30, 17:33 UTC
tuska wrote: โ†‘2023-01-29, 13:33 UTC With your description (under point 2., 2a) I have now managed to get this function to work in TC 10.52 x86 as well.
You write as if my version doesn't work in TC x86/x64...
No offence!
That's not what I meant at all.
Sorry if that came out wrong.

I just wanted to say that I like the other setup option better (personal preference).
Both variants work with TC 10.52 x64 & x86.
Fla$her wrote: โ†‘2023-01-30, 17:33 UTC Moreover, I consider the location of \Tools\TCFS2Tools\ illogical, since the library is not a utility/program ...
That will certainly be the same as you estimate it to be, and one can certainly change the installation location, e.g. to
%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\TCFS2Tools.

I chose the installation location because I thought of a tool first when I saw 'TCFS2' and 'TCFS2Tools'
and if necessary I would look in the folder "Tools" first (although this is no longer a criterion, as I use the tool 'Everything 1.5').
It only became clear to me later that it has to be set up as a content plugin (.WDX).

At the moment I see no reason to change this setting.
(Content plugins: %COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\TCFS2Tools\TCFS2Tools.dll).

----
Thanks for the link to other examples!
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2tuska
OK. Anyway, your choice of solution is not entirely clear. If you refuse to use the autorun plugin, which is sad, considering that it is no less useful, then I will understand why you preferred another folder.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

Fla$her wrote: โ†‘2023-01-30, 22:17 UTC 2tuska
... If you refuse to use the autorun plugin, which is sad, considering that it is no less useful, ...
I am not refusing to use it.

For this topic, I thought from the Readme.txt file that I can/must choose one of two options.
> Readme_TCFS2Tools.txt: "There are at least two ways to load module on TC start".

However, if the "Autorun" plugin is additionally required for other purposes -
which seems to be the case based on your statement - then I'll just install it as a precaution - no problem.

I have now set it up as described here.

wincmd.ini

[ContentPlugins]
0=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Tools\TCFS2Tools\TCFS2Tools.dll
1=%COMMANDER_PATH%\Plugins\wdx\Autorun\Autorun.wdx
Everything continues to run like clockwork. :)
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

tuska wrote: โ†‘2023-01-30, 23:08 UTCHowever, if the "Autorun" plugin is additionally required for other purposes -
which seems to be the case based on your statement - then I'll just install it as a precaution - no problem.
Just as a precaution, of course, it should not be installed. He is useful for expanding and improving some of the functional and visual features of TC (including for portability in process management) by configuring autorun.cfg. The help describes everything in great detail with some examples. If you still haven't started to fully explore the functionality of Autorun, then start, you won't regret it. Keeping a plugin dead weight is a real crime. :)
tuska wrote: โ†‘2023-01-30, 23:08 UTC I have now set it up as described here.
I repeat: there should be only one of the two alternative installations. There is no need to combine them, otherwise it is possible that the functions will be executed twice.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2Fla$her
Thank you for your advice!
I think I know what to do now.

For me, the subject is now closed.