"Save tab contents to file" action in tab context menu

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

"Save tab contents to file" action in tab context menu

Post by *wanderer »

It would be pretty useful to be able to have a "Save tab contents to file" action in a tab's context menu. The contents would be saved as shown in the tab's listbox. That is, if the tab contains the results of a Branch/Search view, they would be saved with their path, otherwise they would be saved as shown (only filenames). The procedure would save the current contents (Branch/Search/Filer or anything else) as shown.

EDIT: This should also include any directories shown.

At a later stage, a second option could perhaps exist - "Save tab contents to file (advanced)" - which would display a dialog and the user could select what info he wishes to be added to the file (filename, path, size, date, etc).

The user would provide the filename and the type would be txt (for simplicity - txts can be converted to anything then).
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: "Save tab contents to file" action in tab context menu

Post by *wanderer »

OK, after some more extensive search, i discovered there is a set of commands (cm_SaveSelection / cm_SaveDetails / cm_SaveHdrDetails) which practically do what i ask in the first part of my request.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.