TC32: If no files are selected, the %F parameter prevents all other parameters from being sent to the command line

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC32: If no files are selected, the %F parameter prevents all other parameters from being sent to the command line

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will check it, thanks. Any others?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TC32: If no files are selected, the %F parameter prevents all other parameters from being sent to the command line

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-03, 19:39 UTCCombined parameter %Y%y allows empty lists like %Y, but selects file under cursor if nothing is selected
I still haven't figured out how it should work. An empty list by %Y is formed when the cursor is on [..] and there is no selection. Where will the file name come from if there is a change to parent under the cursor? Where is the logic?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's when the cursor is standing on a file instead of [..] and nothing is selected. Then %Y%y will select that file and put it in the list, while %Y alone will create an empty list.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

This does not happen. %Y%y%F always returns the path to the temporary list if the cursor is not on [..], regardless of whether there is a selection.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's what I wrote in my reply. Or described in different words (from the history):
Combined parameter %Y%y allows empty lists like %Y, but selects file under cursor if nothing is selected
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2ghisler(Author)
I understood. I thought you were writing about a parameter, not an item in the list being created.
You didn't add the name under the cursor to the list for %Y%F. I think this is an inherently wrong decision. If, in the absence of %Y, we always got a name under the cursor, then there was no point in this possibility disappearing when it was added, because %Y concerns only the creation of an empty list if there is no selection when placing the cursor on [..].
I think you just need to fix it. You don't use the same approach with %S and %R when there is no highlighting for the selected file, which is correct.
Overquoting is evil! 👎