Issue with TC and AppLock

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Issue with TC and AppLock

Post by *wanderer »

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 11. I have protected some apps with AppLock. If from TC i try to open a file which is opened by such an app, i get the AppLock password screen, so i enter the code and then instead of the app opening and loading the file, i just get returned to TC. I press the file a second time. Now the AppLock screen does not appear (since i've already entered it once) but instead the app loads the file normally.

Is this a TC thing or an issue with AppLock or perhaps MIUI? This used to work normally, up to a point in the past. I'm not sure what's gotten updated (and when) that caused this issue.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Issue with TC and AppLock

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I don't think it's a TC thing: I just create a so-called intent which tells Android to open a certain file, and Android does the rest. So in this case, the file is passed to AppLock, which then asks to unlock the app. It would then be the duty of AppLock to pass the file to the target app.

Can you try the same with other third party file managers?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Well, the built-in Xiaomi File Manager and Gallery Image Viewer are working fine. I downloaded another FM (File Manager Plus) and when i tried to do what i describe in my OP, the same thing happened. It seems it's a MIUI thing then...

Thanks for the help.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Well, the built-in Xiaomi File Manager and Gallery Image Viewer are working fine.
They are included system apps and probably still use file URLs as parameters.
If the target app still supports file URLs, then you can make TC also send the link as a file URL by defining an internal association for the file type, and unchecking content:-URL in it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Thanks, i'll try it.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯