Search for duplicate files by size and rename them

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kzbmshyql

Search for duplicate files by size and rename them

Post by *kzbmshyql »

Hello. Guys, we really need to solve one problem. For this, I will be very grateful to everyone in advance. I will be glad to help if anyone has a need for design or video editing.

I accidentally installed the OS on the wrong disk, and all the files were erased.
With one program in folder "A" I restored files with names and folder structures, but the files are broken.
Another program in the folder "B" restored the files and they are working, but without names and folder structure.
But I do not need all the files, but only some.

1. In folder "A" all the files are needed, and based on the size of the files, you need to find the same ones in folder "B".
2. After that, you need to save the found files from the "B" folder so that there are no extra files.
3.After that, the files should be the same in size and number in both folders. And you need to copy the names of the files from folder "A" to the files from folder "B".

Maybe I didn't explain very clearly. But, I can clarify or take a screenshot to make it clearer. Thank you!
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Search for duplicate files by size and rename them

Post by *Dalai »

You can search for duplicates by size via TC's Find Files (Alt+F7) > tab Advanced > [X] Find duplicate files: > [X] same size. Enter both paths into the General tab's "Search in" field. When the search is done you should feed the results to the listbox (button in the lower right corner) and then press the Num+ button to get a special dialog that helps to deal with the duplicates.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror