FTP dialog, logfile, other options.

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dave Wurm

FTP dialog, logfile, other options.

Post by *Dave Wurm »

Hello,
Regarding Total Commander CE v. 2.0....
Is there a way to view and/or record the FTP dialog during a session?
My attempt to set up a logfile was unsuccessful. (Following the instructions in the program's Help under Plugins - FTP... the last six lines of the article).
The article describes creation of a logfile for troubleshooting connections through a firewall (which I am not doing).

Progress during a multi-file upload is observed by the progress bars which appear during the transfer. But it would be helpful to watch the dialog, and observe data flow prior to beginning a file transfer (for example, to confirm something is happening during download of a large file list.)

Also, I would like to force lower case filenames during upload (perhaps this is already set by default?). This is one of many options that can be set in the full version of TC (by editing wcx_ftp.ini). Can such options be set in, or transferred to, TC CE v. 2.0?

Thanks, Dave
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The following definitely works here:

In case of problems, you can create a log file:
1. Use the registry plugin to go to
HKCU\Software\Ghisler\CECmd\Configuration
2. Double tap on "+Add value+"
3. Enter the name LogFile, type String
4. As contents, enter something like \log.txt

You need to close Total Commander/CE via its menu (not via the X button, this will only hide it!) and restart it to activate this option.
Also, I would like to force lower case filenames during upload (perhaps this is already set by default?). This is one of many options that can be set in the full version of TC (by editing wcx_ftp.ini). Can such options be set in, or transferred to, TC CE v. 2.0?
No, unfortunately not - I will add it to my wish list.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Dave Wurm

LogFile works

Post by *Dave Wurm »

Okay! The FTP logfile works now.
It became active the next time I opened the program.
Thank you!