Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to use "Mica backdrop" with TC on Windows 11

Post by *AntonyD »

2Tringi
but Mr.Ghisler already answered to you that:
"One has a slightly darker background than the other, but you can already change the background color in
Configuration - Options - Color - Others - Dark mode: Background color"

so what else do you want beside that? Your video dos NOT showing anything very special or very noticeable...
#146217 personal license
Tringi

Post by *Tringi »

You really don't see the difference?

The video is showing the background is not a single color. They call it a "backdrop" (blur, grain and hue). It's rendered by Windows itself. It's dynamically adjusting to user's wallpaper and settings. It makes the application consistent in appearance with all other Windows 11 applications. It changes when the window is activated/deactivated, just like all other UWP and modern apps.

And that modern appearance can be achieved with 2 or 3 simple calls to Windows API.

If you are using Windows 11 maybe try to enable it yourself, like I described in the video description, or in this comment: viewtopic.php?t=79806#p439895 ...perhaps one needs to see it in action.
Jan Ringoš: website | github | tweets
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

You really don't see the difference?
really. no jokes.

Perhaps a person with great artistic taste sees these minor differences and may even need them - to satisfy his sense of beauty.
But all these “games with colors” are alien to the common man. He/she will put up one thing that is pleasant and will continue to WORK
with this tool, and not admire the subtle tints of shades of a million colors on the BG.
#146217 personal license
SSc

Post by *SSc »

I am a common man and i have no great artistic taste. But I do recognize the differences! And I welcome anything that helps to make Total Commander's dusty interface look a bit more modern. In this respect: Thanks for your initiative, Tringi. I would like to see integration in Total Commander. But I understand that this will not be implemented, as only you and I can see and appreciate the differences. So I'll just make do with your tool from GitHub.